Keyword

Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail

• Geraldo de Oliveira
  • Geraldo de Oliveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100675 by Geraldo de Oliveira
Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail was created by Geraldo de Oliveira
Hi there.
I'm new with K2 although I think it's a fantastic component, if only I could make it work well.

So, I'm having this very annoying problem: I can't see article detail on fronted. I have a module that gather all the items in one page and when I do click on a article (on title, image or "read more" button) I get a Error HTTP 500 (on Chrome) and a blank page on Safari.

Browsing I figure out that maybe it should be a php memory limit problem, so I've changed it to 64M and still nothing. I still can't access to the article detail.

I also tried to disable the other extensions/plugins I have (SOBI2, Flipping book, JoomFish, JCE Editor, Chronoform etc) and nothing yet.

I choose K2 because I need to do a filter search among the products article through tag and K2 seems to be better component I've found.

I'm running the last version of K2 (v2.5.7) and Joomla 1.5.

Anyone has faced this problem before?
Thanks in advance.

Have a great day you all.

Gerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100676 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail
Hi. Try to set error reporting to maximum and enable the system debugging. This way you may get additional information about the error. Both of those settings can be found under Joomla! global configuration.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Geraldo de Oliveira
  • Geraldo de Oliveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100677 by Geraldo de Oliveira
Replied by Geraldo de Oliveira on topic Re: Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail
Oh hi,
Thanks for replying but I just figure out and solve the problem.
For some reason the K2 component was asking for a Mail variable when clicking to see an item details.

I turned on the maximum Joomla system error report and I was able to see the error more clearly. The file in question was the view.html.php on /componentes/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php line 244.

Exactly this part of the code:
require_once(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_mailto'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'mailto.php');
$item->emailLink = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_mailto&tmpl=component&link='.MailToHelper::addLink($item->absoluteURL));

I just commented those lines and everything now works fine.

My question is, why does K2 ask a mail variable to see an item detail? Doesn't make much sense.

Thanks anyway.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100678 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail
This is used to create the send item link. I do not know why you get this error. This is a core Joomla! component and it's files should be there. Anyway i am glad you solved the issue.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #100679 by stephanie
Replied by stephanie on topic Re: Error HTTP 500 on displaying item detail
WHOA. this is exactly the problem I had. Turned on debugging and saw the same message, re-ran my search here on the forums and landed on this thread. Why this is throwing an error is beyond me... the items inherit from the subcategory which inherits from the category, and all are hiding the email option. But I commented out those three lines, and all is well again.

My original post, for reference: getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/159389-items-not-loading-500-error

I'll go make a note there, too. So weird.