Keyword

Introtext HTML cleanup setting is not working?

More
12 years 2 months ago #100705 by Peter
Hello,

I want my introtext to display all HTML when viewing it in a category view. However, even when I disable Introtext HTML cleanup in the k2 parameters, it is still stripping the tags in the category view. Is there another setting I need to enable/disable to allow HTML in the category view?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100706 by Lefteris
Ensure that you have not applied the word limit filter. Also you need to check that there are no plugins which strip the HTML.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #100707 by Peter
Lefteris,

It looks like the word limit was the issue. I had it set to 1000 so that the entire intro text would be listed. I just removed the number from that field altogether, and the HTML is now working on the category page. Thanks!

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100708 by Lefteris
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #100709 by Joakim Durehed
Replied by Joakim Durehed on topic Re: Introtext HTML cleanup setting is not working?
I had this problem too and was quite irritaded to see that I did not have the content output settings to strip html tags and still I got content that was stripped from html tags. I set the word counter to zero to disable it in my content modules. That sorted it out of course, but I do want to use the word count feature. This is important for our website.

A word count should not affect the output. I understand that you need to strip the html tags to get a correct count of words, but to then to also change the output is just wrong and contradicts the settings in K2. Seems to me that the implementation is not finished regarding the word count and that this needs to be sorted in the near future.