Keyword

How to add a blog calender

• John Sheridan
  • John Sheridan's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100773 by John Sheridan
How to add a blog calender was created by John Sheridan
Hallo!

my name is john and I like K2 blog because it is easy to use. I have also successfully add a blog to my test page which works very fine. The way was to add a k2 menu by categories.

The blog should describe the success stories of our photo club. On our old homepage (made with pure HTML) we have success stories beginning from 2009. Now our idea is to have a blog calender which sorts the success stories by year.

My problem is now: how can I add a blog calender? Can this blog calender sort the blogs by year? How can I change the creation date of the blog to an date older than the now date? That I have to add all old success stories is no problem, we can do this manual.

How would you do this? I have also thought about make categories "success stories 2009", "success stories 2010", "success stories 2011" and so on. But this would be a problem for new years like 2012, 2013 and so on. for each year I must add a new category. One categorie like "success stories" would be fine and a calender or other thing which filter it by year.

Many thanks for your ideas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• John Sheridan
  • John Sheridan's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100774 by John Sheridan
Replied by John Sheridan on topic Re: How to add a blog calender
Hi folks,

I have found the answer: I have to use the K2 Tool modul.

I other beginners have also the problem, please look at this page:
www.joomtraining.com.au/tutorials/k2/creating-a-calender-module-using-k2-tool

This modul is also valid for the tag cloud. You have to copy th k2 tool modul for each available function and menu!

Hope this help other people.

Best regards

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.