Keyword

Allowing users to edit articles

• Martin Kilkie
  • Martin Kilkie's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100799 by Martin Kilkie
Allowing users to edit articles was created by Martin Kilkie
Hi, I use Community builder for my user logon and registration and I think it is causing some problems with my front end editing.

I can let my users edit categories using the user and user groups, but they get this message

"Please note that you may have permissions to edit content in the frontend, but you do not have publishing rights. The admin of this site will approve your item after moderation."

I trust my users and they dont need to wait for my approval, also there is no notification and thus their articles sit for ages until I remember to look for unpublished items.

Is there a solution to turn of the partial approval, ie give them full rights.

thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100800 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Allowing users to edit articles
Go to K2 user groups and edit the permissions as you wish.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Martin Kilkie
More
12 years 2 months ago #100801 by Martin Kilkie
Replied by Martin Kilkie on topic Re: Allowing users to edit articles
Hi Lefteris,

I have done this. but users that have been given permission to edit their own items still have a problem. they can edit the item but the item become unpublished.

I use the CB login module and not K2 as this would not give the complex CB login verification and profile options that I need.

As one example I created a dummy ordinary user that could login and they only had one item they could edit. Saving the item with changes was ok, but closing the item edit window gave an error (presumably as the item was unpublished by then). There were two copies of the item, one published and one not published. Neither item showed up on the k2 category blog.

Hope you can help. K2 is excellent.

Martin

• Martin Kilkie
More
12 years 2 months ago #100802 by Martin Kilkie
Replied by Martin Kilkie on topic Re: Allowing users to edit articles
Hi Lefteris,

I have solved my own problem again. The issue was that I had given them edit permission but not publish permission, which gives you this sequence of errors.

Martin