Keyword

K2 generating different item URLS

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100828 by JJ
Hi

I am having the same issue on 3 web sites in a row now.

All sites run:
-Gantry framework 3.2.20
-Joomla 2.5.6
-Apache 2.2.21
-Latest K2

K2 is used for menu item /BLOG/. Other pages are handled by joomla article system.

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

When i publish for example a "K2 content" module on the home page (or any page outside the Blog section),
it lists the latest post fine. However when clicked, the link does not take the user to the same item view
as it does when you take the route of clicking the /blog/item view menu item.

WORKS CORRECTLY WHEN:
When you view the item by accessing menu item BLOG (category view) and then click the item (item view), this
is the resulting URL and this works fine:

dev/t1/index.php/blog/item/2-lorem-ipsum-doret#.UARbKPVq18E

BREAKS WHEN:
When an item is accessed from a content display module outside the K2 section, it takes the user to a different page than it should. Also the breadcrumbs are broken, it just says "home" even when in item view. Furthermore, the article displaysin a single page 100% width even if the blog is actually set up with sidebars etc. It takes the user to this URL:

dev/t1/index.php/component/k2/item/2-lorem-ipsum-doret#.UARbQ_Vq18E

This URL is different from the one above and does not exist in any menus on the site and I dont know how I would create a menu item for it.

I have tried all types of K2 content fetching modules, same result. This behaviour is a severe problem for the projects I am working on, I have no choice but to scrap K2 if it can't
be fixed :(

If you think you have a solution to this problem, I VERY VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100829 by Olga
Replied by Olga on topic Re: K2 generating different item URLS
Are you using 404SEF?

More
12 years 2 months ago #100830 by JJ
Replied by JJ on topic Re: K2 generating different item URLS
Hello, no I am not.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100831 by JJ
Am I really the only one having this problem? It's occuring on every site I build with K2.

Even with no plugins and a fresh install of only joomla, K2 and gantry. I can't see how gantry would interefere with the K2 url generating.

For trouble shooting I even did tests on two different web hosts in addition to local apache. Same results!

At this point I see no other option than to go for another content component solution if I can't fix this bug soon. Hours and hours of configuring and styling down the drain, argh.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100832 by JJ
Ok, so in case anyone IS at one point having the same issue and are reading this:

I did find a solution! Sort of.

Alltough it is quirky and not exactly obvious, after much trial and error I found that I had to create a menu item for every category in the K2 system. I remember seeing people saying they'd create hidden menus to make K2 linking work, but that would just break the seo structure of the site completely so I just created a sub menu item for every category under the blog menu item already in the main menu.

However I would still be very interested to if anyone know how to fix this without creating the category menu items. Thanks

More
12 years 2 months ago #100833 by Olga
Replied by Olga on topic Re: K2 generating different item URLS
I had the same problem. It happened when I started to use SEF URLs on my web site. But the reason is accualy not in SEF component, but in duplicated URLs which joomla creates for each item when it is displayed through content module. In SEF404 component for URL management, which I use now, it can be easily fixed - for each item created you can switch between duplicated URLs and choose the main URL which leads to correct page. Since that this problem doesn't bother me any more (although it still exists).