Keyword

No Item image preview in the Edit Item on theAdmin

• filippos
  • filippos's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #100947 by filippos
Hi everybody,

I moved my joomla site on the server and on the Edit Item section i am clicking on the image Tab... there is the "browse" button, the "browse server" button, the "Item image caption" field, the "Item image credits" field... but no "Item image preview".

I am browsing my hard drive and i am choosing a jpg image, then i am clicking the save item link and nothing happens... no image preview... no image at all... not even on the media/k2/items directory on the server... no uploading at all...

any ideas?

*note that when the site was on my hard drive (local) nothing from the above was happening... no problems at all...

** i have enabled the FTP layer on the configuration.php

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #100948 by Lefteris
Check the directory permissions.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• filippos
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100949 by filippos
Hello lefteri,

Do i have to contact my hosting agency to do that ? Or can i do it on my own from the cpanel?

What type of permission does the directory need? and by saying directory you mean the media/k2/items folder?

Keep in mind that i have very litle knowledge on php stuff... i am a graphic designer not a developer..

thanks in advance!

More
12 years 2 months ago #100950 by Lefteris
Go to K2->Information and check the directory permissions. All directories listed there should be writable. If they are not you can install the Admin Tools extension which can fix the permissions for you. You can get it at www.akeebabackup.com/products/admin-tools.html.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• filippos
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100951 by filippos
hello Lefteri

the directory permissions on K2->Information are all set to unwritable

i installed the Admin tools plugin (which i found really helpful). On Admin Tools – Permissions Configuration i see that all my folders have 755 and all files 644... so they are ok?

Should i use the "fix permissions" feature anyway?

...i just tried to change the permissions to 777 to all folders under the k2 folder... saved... then checked the K2->Information panel... all folders changed to writable... perfect!!!

1st try
then tried to upload an image on the K2 item image tab... got the same problem.
Browse my HD found an image, clicked the save button and NO preview image, no image on the server folder....

2nd try
upload an image via FTP manualy on the K2 directory...ok!
Then i go to K@ item image Tab, click on the "browse server" click on my jpg... click on save item...
same problem... no preview image, no image on the front end.

i noticed something on the pop up window that opens when i clicked the browse btn. The jpg icon files have a small "locked" icon on them... does this mean something?

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #100952 by Christoph Paschen
Replied by Christoph Paschen on topic Re: No Item image preview in the Edit Item on theAdmin
same problem here.. I cant see Images in jquery lightbox here :

Attachment not found

But i can see them here :

Attachment not found

is there a problem with jquery?
Attachments:

More
12 years 2 months ago #100953 by Lefteris
@filippos

Probably the user that runs PHP doesn't have the perimissions to write to the directories. All your permissions checks under K2 should be "writable".

@Christoph Paschen

It depends on the user that is logged in.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• filippos
More
12 years 2 months ago #100954 by filippos
Lefteri,

I double checked and all the permission checks under K2 are set to "writable" but the image tab still is not able to display any images. (even if you upload the image via FTP)

I changed the permissions to 777 and works great.... is this normal? i mean why its not workin on 755 permissions...