Keyword

k2 Tools not using "&Itemid=#" with Category List

• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101011 by Odin Mayland
I am only guessing here but I need the Category List (Menu) functionality of K2 Tools to display just like the original Category layout.

Here is the correct layout:
50.116.122.123/~drjill/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=8:trouble-shooting&Itemid=207

Here is the messed up layout for the same Category:
50.116.122.123/~drjill/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=8:trouble-shooting

The only difference is the K2 Tools is not putting the "&Itemid=207" at the end.

I do not know enough to know why this affects the layout but as you can see the Breadcrumb's css alignment is not right when there is no &Itemid=# at the end of the URL.

Is this something I can fix in K2 Tools?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101012 by Lefteris
Hi. I do not see any differences. Anyway, the Itemid means that you have made a menu link to this category.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101013 by Odin Mayland

as you can see the Breadcrumb's css alignment is not right when there is no &Itemid=# at the end of the URL.

Here are some labelled screenshots:

Attachment not found

Yes, there is a menu link for the normal navigation bar.

Why is it that when the K2 Tools Category LIst function links to the same Child Category, the layout is different, in regards to the breadcrumb?

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101014 by Odin Mayland
I figured it out.

The rockettheme diamtric template came with a "demo_style.css" that was overriding the /templates/rt_diametric/html/com_k2/templates/drjill/drjill_style.css that I had made.

So if anyone is using RT templates that state they are K2 compatible you might want to remove the: /templates/rt_diametric/css/demo-styles.css