Keyword

K2 Modal Window Size and pop up

More
12 years 2 months ago #101201 by jason
K2 Modal Window Size and pop up was created by jason
I've been working out a way to make the modal box window pop up look less clumsy and more user friendly.

The solution to make this work without hacking the core files is to make a copy of the original template and rename this to whatever you want. For example i renamed the new folder news.

Then all you need to do is edit some of the template files and install JCE Editor and JCE Media box.

1: enable System - JCE MediaBox plugin

For this I choose the light pop up theme. Shorten the fade and scale speed to 10 so it looks like less of a pop up window.

Set the Overlay color #FFFFFF, Width: 100% and Height 100% and click save.

2. To override K2's default Modal pop up you will need to edit the template files.

Components/com/k2/templates/templatenamefolder/

open all the files and change any off the lines: <a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">

to

<a class="jcepopup rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
It doesn't matter about the size as the jce modal plugin overrides the iframe size to 100% as set above in the plugin.

3. I used the K2 User login module so applied the same jcepopup class to the module files as well.

4: Finally when you go to admin components k2 in the admin area there is a parameters tab under frontend editing i set the default state for the toogle bar to hidden. This hides the meta box and opens the page using the full width.

Have a look at the screen shot and let me know if anyone comes up with any usefull ideas.

I have done this in joomla 2.5

Jason

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #101202 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
Hi. Thanks for sharing this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #101203 by Helmut Mehlhart
Replied by Helmut Mehlhart on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
1. Please make a screenshot of your 4th item. I cannot find the configuration what you have written.
2. When I override the "new" template files, where do I have to define K2 to take the new template?
or do you mean to override the original template files ? (Item 2 of your description)

More
11 years 11 months ago #101204 by jason
Replied by jason on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
Go to components k2, then on the top right toolbar there is a button named paramaters.

See attached.

Attachment not found

Regards

Jason
Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #101205 by Helmut Mehlhart
I have done what you said.
I made a backup of all template files in the default folder to another folder.
Then i edited all files in the default folder like this:

<a class="jcepopup" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">

In your description the " in red is missing. Is it right what i wrote ?

I think nothing has changed since yet on my popup window.

Pls. see one file as an example.

Attachment not found

Attachments:

More
11 years 11 months ago #101206 by Helmut Mehlhart
Please advise

More
11 years 10 months ago #101207 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
Please advise me too...I want to change the size and location of the damn pop up box.

This is what I see when I inspect the element on the page:

<!-- .modal {
position: fixed;
top: 50%;
left: 50%;
z-index: 1050;
width: 560px;
margin: -250px 0px 0px -280px;
overflow: auto;
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
border-radius: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
box-shadow: 0px 3px 7px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
background-clip: padding-box;
} -->

It's driving me crazy. I have spent hours on this. I can't find that code in any of the css files. And the stupid box pops up on the page covering the title of the article and floating when you scroll down the page. In addition the picture of the authors that are in the pop up are only 100px wide but the box is 560px.

Anybody?

You can see how really stupid it looks here:

www.totalhealthmagazine.com/features/radio-interviews/dr-stephen-sinatra-on-the-great-cholesterol-myth.html

More
11 years 9 months ago #101208 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
I'm sure this is going to come back and bite in the a** but a scrolling pop up box over top of the article making it difficult to read was driving me crazy. So here is my fix. I use Inspect Element in firefox to find the code above. I copied and pasted it into my K2.override.css file. Uploaded and presto the modal box is gone. This is a quick fix...and maybe I'll know enough one day to be able to do this based on category or something so it is not site wide but in the meantime if you need to change position or resize you modal boxes just use the code here in your override script and play with it until you have the size and position you want. I had to make it invisible because it floats behind my header and just looks stupid.

<!--
.modal {
position: top;
top: 0px;
left: 60%;
z-index: 1050;
width: 150px;
margin: -250px 0px 0px -280px;
overflow: auto;
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);
border: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
border-radius: 6px 6px 6px 6px;
box-shadow: 0px 3px 7px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
background-clip: padding-box;
} -->

More
11 years 9 months ago #101209 by David
Replied by David on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
Thank you so much for this post!!!! What are the files that need to be modified so that when you click on Add Item in the module K2 User, I can't seem to find a modal line in any of the files.

Thanks

Attachment not found

Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #101210 by David
Replied by David on topic Re: K2 Modal Window Size and pop up
I found the file, just after posting, here are the files and the modified code for others who may need it..

modules/mod_k2_user/tmpl/userblock.php

Around Line 35, you'll find
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('K2_ADD_NEW_ITEM'); ?></a>

Replace with:

<a class="jcepopup rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $user->profile->addLink; ?>"><?php echo JText::_('K2_ADD_NEW_ITEM'); ?></a>