Keyword

Guest Users: 403 Error

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #101215 by Tom
Guest Users: 403 Error was created by Tom
Hi there,

Had a look around for answers on this one, and whilst plenty of discussion. I cannot seem to find a suitable "fix" to suit my purposes.

The upshot of what I'm after is to be able to display a custom message / login form when guest users click "read more" on articles that are set as registered access within K2.

The menu access level route proposed elsewhere doesn't suit as I need all menu items to be visible for all types of user.

I've used components such as OSE membership in the past and have been able to set custom "please login to continue" type messages, but am hoping that this can be achieved with a bit of wizardry/ by only using K2.

Any help/ pointers gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom
  • Tom's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #101216 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic Re: Guest Users: 403 Error
Just to add - the ideal scenario would be to "simply" have a custom message underneath the (still visible to guests) intro text that states full content is only available for registered users, please login or click here to register etc.

This was achievable by using OSE Memberships and the K2 bridge, but it's another level of updating needed and I just want to be able to batch import users on a monthly basis.

Again, any help would be massively appreciated.

More
12 years 2 months ago #101217 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Guest Users: 403 Error
Hi. This cannot be done with K2 currently.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)