Asssigning modules to k2 items

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #101363 by Eduardo
Asssigning modules to k2 items was created by Eduardo
Hello !

How do you assign modules to k2 items ?

I want to assign the news_showpro modules to specific k2 items, is this possible ?

Thanks all for your time !

Eduardo ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #101364 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Asssigning modules to k2 items
you can do this with advanced module manager pro
www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager/userguide#4_Assignment-options
see the k2 section

• Eduardo
  • Eduardo's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #101365 by Eduardo
Replied by Eduardo on topic Re: Asssigning modules to k2 items
Thanks for your input.

Do you happen to know if you do it with the MetaMod plugin ?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #101366 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: Asssigning modules to k2 items
I'm curious. I must have missed an upgrade version because I was assigning modules (banner modules) to K2 categories and items up until I upgraded K2 today. Now I have no K2 assignment options at all. I have to say this really sucks. What are you guys going to do next? Charge us to post our items? Are we going to do an update one day to find out we have to pay for a "Pro Item Module" upgrade? Then maybe one day the categories disappear and we now have to buy a "Pro Category Module". Nice that you get a captive audience and then make them have to pay. I'm stuck with K2 for now because of the amount of content I have but given I see posts that are months old with no support and now slipping fee based changes on us I think my days with K2 are numbered.

Hmmm maybe I shot first and asked questions later. Now I realize that I am using the Advanced Module Manager and it is on that admin page that the K2 categories appeared before today and I was able to assign my banners to K2 categories and by default child items if selected. Now K2 does not even appear in the advanced module manage. Has this happened to anyone else? It just seems strange that K2 options disappeared after I did a K2 upgrade.

Edit #2. I see William White has posted a question a little over an hour ago on the Nonumber forum:

"Hi, I hope all is well with you and yours!
Has k2 2.6.2 broken advanced module manager again? I am using it to create a persistant module mod_k2_content to list only the item titles above a tabbed k2 item view. The attached image was done by selecting all 9 k2 items in amm. I have tried various setting for selecting the subcategory the items belong to so i dont have to select all the items every time for different modules that should go there with different subcategories, but cannot get the category selection to work. Site is on localhost at the moment, but if the solution is not simple i can put it online for you to veiw.
thanks"

So it looks like K2 2.6.2 has broken the Advanced Module Manager because although I see the K2 option and have it enabled I do not see the K2 option in the AMM menu anymore...

...anyone else have this problem?

It also looks like K2 2.6.2 also breaks JA_Comments. I discovered that this morning when I saw the JA_comments title on every page. Even disabled the component, cleared the cache and it persisted. So I pulled the plug on the update and restored the Akeeba backup I had made prior to upgrading K2. Thank someone's God for that.