Keyword

How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page?

• Denis Devine
  • Denis Devine's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101380 by Denis Devine
How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page? was created by Denis Devine
Hi,

I must be missing something cause this should be really obvious.

I'm letting registered users create their own articles.

So each user can manage their own articles, I want a menu item called My Articles that only shows items created by the user who wrote them. The author will need to be loged in of course for this to work.

How do I do this?

Many thanks,
Dom

PS. Is there a My Articles application for JomSocial as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #101381 by yaksushi
Only way I've been able to do this is to use the k2 user module and hide what ever options I don't want the user to see via css.

More
12 years 1 month ago #101382 by Lefteris
@Dominic

Use the K2 user module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #101383 by Debra
Hi Dominic,

I need to do the same thing on my site. Have you finally found the way to create a "show only my items" page ?

Thnks

• Denis Devine
More
12 years 1 month ago #101384 by Denis Devine
Replied by Denis Devine on topic Re: How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page?
Hi Debra,

Sorry for te delayed response. Only just found your message.

No, I did not figure it out.

I have to say I'm greatly discouraged by K2. It has the potential to be great but misses some crucial yet seemingly obvious features.

And the support is almost non-existent. I just checked. I've posted about ten requests for help and only gotten help on two of them. That's a 20% response rate. That's abysmal.

I'd gladly pay for decent support. Of all the sites I use, K2 is the worst for support.

Maybe it's time to set up another K2 forum where help can actually be acquired?

Regards,
Dom

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #101385 by Lefteris
There is a response by me two posts above. Did you see it or not?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Denis Devine
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #101386 by Denis Devine
Replied by Denis Devine on topic Re: How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page?
Hi Lefteris

Yes, I did see it. It was one of the two responses I got to about ten questions.

I tried the user module but because I'm using JomSocial and Stackideas's Komento for comments, it added a bunch of things I need to avoid. It also showed all the K2 categories which I don't want listed at all.

Finally, I discovered over the weekend that there is no way to let frontend users see articles they have created, saved, but not published. Unless you grant them backend access which is far from ideal as it's counter-intuitive and it seems to allow them access to other people's content. Maybe there is a way around this, but given that K2 is largely easy to use so can be used by novices such as myself, it becomes a major let-down when I have to start making changes to ACL in the backend (which I don't understand).

If the user module can be updated to allow people to choose what they want to show via check-boxes, and if it can be improve so it includes a user's unpublished items, you'll have the full package. Without this last feature, and speaking only of my site, I feel like I just used K2 specs to build a cruise-ship only to discover you don't include a rudder! :)

Again, thanks for your reply.

Best
Dom

More
10 years 10 months ago #101387 by Tracey Hood
Replied by Tracey Hood on topic Re: How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page?
Can someone explain how to do this with the K2-users module?

Currently when I set it up I only get options to set the user, but not one to have it pull from the current logged in user. My bigger issue is that there is a page that has this information on it it is the users personal item list page but I don't see an option to set either a menu item or a module to pull that content.

Any ideas?

More
10 years 10 months ago #101388 by Tracey Hood
Replied by Tracey Hood on topic Re: How Do I Create A "Show Only My Items" Page?
I found this:

getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/159850-Mod-K2-user---redirect-to-userpage-logged

With a little modding for my needs it worked.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #101389 by Yiota
I'm glad you have worked this out. Thank you for sharing.