Keyword

[SOLVED]how to reduce image in category listing

• stephane vaillancourt
  • stephane vaillancourt's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101436 by stephane vaillancourt
[SOLVED]how to reduce image in category listing was created by stephane vaillancourt
My website: www.techgamelabs.com
Note: be scared, this is version 0.001 alpha

Problem: if you click on the menu action2 on the left (this is a test menu btw) the page will pop up with the article list which is all good. The problem is the size of the image...it's too large. I checked the global settings and I can't seem to see the settings related to that exact image in category listing. If I set "Category image width" to 100, no changes. The only change I can see is "Item Large image width" Which is set to 600. if I set it to 50 then my image will pop up with the correct size but as you can suspect, if I use that size with another image...I've got a problem.

I also checked the image size in the article and no changes or effect there. I've also, delete that image, removed it from my server and reupload it again and still no effect ?

Did I miss anything. Well I need help with this problem please.

I appreciate any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stephane vaillancourt
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101437 by stephane vaillancourt
Replied by stephane vaillancourt on topic Re: how to reduce image in category listing
I've done something and it seems to work so I just want to have some input or feedback on it. I've change the value of "Item image options" in my category called "Large image width " to 50 since I know the image used in the category listing is large for some reason. Since I can't find that specific settings of large anywhere I decided to change that value to 50.

Now the image is displayed correcly using that value but the problem is all images in that category will use 50 px as a width which is the problem.

Am I missing something here ?

More
12 years 2 months ago #101438 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: how to reduce image in category listing
You might try going to the category settings, category item layout, and suppressing the leading images to 0 and set the primary to the number you want displayed in the category page, and there there is a choice of which size image you want to use in the category display.
Remember that when you set the image sizes, and create an item with an image, several images are created and stored in the proper sizes, you can only specify one dimention, i think its the width and the height is automatically determined. When you edit an item the images are not recreated unless you delete or upload a different image and let it do the resigning again.

• stephane vaillancourt
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101439 by stephane vaillancourt
Replied by stephane vaillancourt on topic Re: how to reduce image in category listing
I did that and here are the images of my new settings but the image in the category listing view is still appearing as "large". My settings, to my knowledge are correct unless 1 setting is overriding it.

It seems that every image I use, it's set to 600 pixels..or large even if I use a 1024x768 it goes down to 600 width ??? I can't see the value large or 600 px anywhere ?

category settings:
img831.imageshack.us/img831/5686/category2.png

Category settings:
img210.imageshack.us/img210/336/category1.png

my global parameters "image tab"
img853.imageshack.us/img853/5148/category3.png

• stephane vaillancourt
More
12 years 2 months ago #101440 by stephane vaillancourt
I can't say if its odd but if I do the same thing with my joomla template without K2, the image is floating on the left and the image is small just like I want too.

• stephane vaillancourt
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101441 by stephane vaillancourt
FINALLY I GOT IT :woohoo: but...

I uninstalled K2 and reinstalled it and once I "restarted" my test pages everything works correctly. Its finally displaying a small image like you can see. :huh: