Keyword

jquery is not defined

More
12 years 2 months ago #101468 by Peter
jquery is not defined was created by Peter
Hello,

I recently built two websites (one on 2.5 and one on 1.7) on my Hostgator hosting account. Each website would later be moved to their own hosting account elsewhere, so I was building their accounts on the IP address on my server (for instance, 55.55.55.55/~clientname).

I recently moved the 2.5 site files and database over to that client's existing GoDaddy hosting account. Everything seemed to be working fine until I turned on FireFox's error console. In it, I discovered the following error message:
Timestamp: 8/1/2012 11:16:15 PM
Error: jQuery is not defined
Source File: http://www.client1url.com/components/com_k2/js/k2.js
Line: 9

This seems to affect the submit button on my contact form, not allowing it to be clicked and thus not sending any form content to the client.

I also launched a duplicate of the 2.5 site on the client's GoDaddy site. That duplicate has the exact same structure and modules in place; the only difference is that I changed some of the content items to match the second site's theme, and changed the graphics and css. That site does not experience the jQuery issue and the contact forms on it work just fine.

Today, I launched the 1.7 site on their existing hosting platform (not sure what company it is; they had an existing host/webmaster that they wanted to continue to use). I am receiving the same exact error message about jQuery is not defined, and the same issue occurs with their contact form (which, incidentally, is built with BreezingForms).

Any ideas on how to fix these issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101469 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Re: jquery is not defined
Here is the 2.5 site, in case it helps anyone diagnose the issue: 2.5 website

More
12 years 2 months ago #101470 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic Re: jquery is not defined
Looks like the issue was related to Jquery Easy plugin. After I deactivated that, things went back to normal.