Keyword

How to change User Extended Fields for K2 labels?

• Sean Carney
  • Sean Carney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #101487 by Sean Carney
I have installed the User Extended Fields for K2 and like it but it is displaying strings that I want to change to make it useable. I must be missing something very basic. Can you please tell me how I can change strings

From PLG_K2_UEF_CONTACT_DETAILS To Contact Information? etc...

life.drcarney.com/activities/engine-2-medical-director/item/10-a-wonderful-door-of-opportunity

Look down the page for the Sean Carney profile information to see the issue.

Thank you very much!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 months ago #101488 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to change User Extended Fields for K2 labels?
Hi Sean Carney,

You can check this post here

K2 Rocks \m/

• Sean Carney
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #101489 by Sean Carney
Thank you Kannan,

That is quite a hack to fix this problem. Do you think that JoomlaWorks intends for that the be the solution to this problem? Otherwise, do you know anybody at JoomlaWorks that we should show this to because it seems they may be distributing the product missing some files?

Thank you, Sean Carney

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #101490 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to change User Extended Fields for K2 labels?
Not sure if it's Joomla or K2, turning the language debug on willl show you that the userExtendedFields.ini file is not loaded, and simply changing the userExtendedFields.ini filename to userextendedfields.ini in the administrator en-GB language folder solves it but then it won't load the strings at the plugins parameter settings :)

K2 Rocks \m/

• Sean Carney
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 2 months ago #101491 by Sean Carney
I did not solve the problem by renaming the file. Instead I found the code that was provided by somebody else and pasted it at the end of each of the userExtendedFieldsini files. But, your reply makes me aware that I am probably missing something very basic on how it is supposed to work. Either way it is working for me, at least until the next upgrade when I supposed my changes could be over written. Interestingly enough it seems to me that I did edit the language file and that the language file was read by the system. You can see this at the working at the bottom of my Items now such as at life.drcarney.com/results/item/33-test-two-extra-fields-included where I have now got the clean English displaying.
Thank you very much for being helpful!
Sean

• Sean Carney
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 1 month ago #101492 by Sean Carney
Does anybody on the JoomlaWorks team get informed when bugs like this are posted here? Or, is there a place where we should submit bugs? I have a login to the JoomlaWorks forum but they have no category where you can post about the Extended Fields extension.