Keyword

K2 Item rights

• Christian
  • Christian's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #101724 by Christian
K2 Item rights was created by Christian
Hi there,

I am very very new (like VERY new) to K2 and I seem to miss the whole idea.
K2 got recommended to me by users in the Joomla forum, as I need to give specific access for users to specific articles, i.e. User A should only (any only!) be able to edit, delete and change an article that is allocaed to him (e.g. "Information about User A"). Howeber, actually, after working a bit through K2, it seems not to be able to do exactly this? Am I right? The only solution I see is to add every user to an own user group and only allow this user group to edit "own items"?

Furthermore, I do not get the idea that one cannot add users through the K2 panel. Consequently I have to add them in Joomla and import them into K2, but this will end up in duplicates, as I do not have all users from the start and more and more will come over time.

Would be great to get help to my first general question and if K2 actually can do that I would highly appreciate a answer to my second question.

Cheers
Christian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #101725 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Item rights
I think your mostly correct - except that when a joomla user is created, a k2 user is created, provided you do it thru the k2user module. The user needs to be assigned to a k2 usergroup to get access to add/edit posts in a category.

The duplicates will not occour if you only import the existing users once..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.