Keyword

Articles are blank

• SlaterT
  • SlaterT's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #101977 by SlaterT
Articles are blank was created by SlaterT
I just installed K2 and have searched for a solution to my problem and have not found any yet. Here's the deal: anytime I go to view an article on the frontend, the article appears blank with absolutely no content whatsoever. The articles along with their images will be displayed on a category page but if I click to read the article, a blank page appears.

I have Joomla 1.5.15.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SlaterT
  • SlaterT's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #101978 by SlaterT
Replied by SlaterT on topic Re: Articles are blank
I reinstalled it and now this appears when trying to view an item:

Warning: require_once(/home/eastten1/public_html/home/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eastten1/public_html/home/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 244

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/eastten1/public_html/home/components/com_mailto/helpers/mailto.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eastten1/public_html/home/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 244

I found another thread on this forum that seemed to somewhat solve the problem. I modified /components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php at line 244. I commented out the following section:

require_once(JPATH_SITE.DS.'components'.DS.'com_mailto'.DS.'helpers'.DS.'mailto.php');
$item->emailLink = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_mailto&tmpl=component&link='.MailToHelper::addLink($item->absoluteURL));

This made the items appear but I cannot email the item. Either way, I just did this as a temporary fix.

More
12 years 1 month ago #101979 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Articles are blank
Hi. Instead of hacking the code you are highly recommended to update Joomla! to 1.5.26.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)