Keyword

How to set k2 to become a listing plugin

• Nuesco
  • Nuesco's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102037 by Nuesco
Hi guys, i want to create a website where registered users can ask for volunteer help so it would be a listing website like petfinder.com (for example).
I see that k2 allow user to add item and that is fine, but I need that users could specify other fields like country, phone, address, etc into the item (required fields, should be placed near title, tags, category...).
Another things I don't know how to do is how to list items into a category in a different view. Instead of the classic view I need a grid with 5 or more column displaying Image, Name, title, etc (if possible should be able to order ascending descending, etc)... do you think it's possible with k2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102038 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: How to set k2 to become a listing plugin
Hi. Regarding your questions:

1. You can add extra fields. But they cannot be required. If you are familiar with programming you can create a K2 plugin and add those fileds using the plugin.

2. You need to make a template override to change the look of the listing. Regarding the sorting options you can create menu links with different sorting and use this menu as sorting menu.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.