Keyword

Strange issue with Category Items not working

• David Ellison
  • David Ellison's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102085 by David Ellison
Strange issue with Category Items not working was created by David Ellison
I am working on a test site that is not live on Jomla 2.5.6 with K2 v2.5.7. I installed k2, created categories and added articles. Everything was working fine and then something changed.

Categories no longer work. I created 3 categories with articles and everytime I click on a category item the url now has "home" listed in the directory instead of "category-name". Now the page redirects to the home page and loads the category.

Do I have a setting wrong? Any help is much appreciated. The url's now look like this below

domain.com/home/item/article-number-article-name

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• David Ellison
  • David Ellison's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102086 by David Ellison
Replied by David Ellison on topic Re: Strange issue with Category Items not working
This issue seems to be with publishing k2 on the front page. Once I replaced an article with the front page and removed k2 the categories and tag links now work. They no longer redirect to the home page.

Not sure if this was something I did or if this was due to the most recent update. This was working correctly when I installed the test site on Aug 7th.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102087 by Lefteris
Hi. If you make a menu link to a K2 category your homepage, then the links of this category will take you to the ... homepage.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)