Keyword

K2 Items and publish date problem

• Janmeir Digon
  • Janmeir Digon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102243 by Janmeir Digon
K2 Items and publish date problem was created by Janmeir Digon
Hi! I've got a publishing issue with my K2 installation. I tried to look it up the forum but I can't seem to find the solution for it. Anyway, here is the problem:

I set the publishing date of my k2 articles at some future time but it does not seem to be working.

Worse, I opened the k2 item that is supposed to be published today and tried "publish today" on the calendar alongside start publishing but the article still won't appear.

I tried clearing the cache to no avail.

In the end, I tried deleting the same article and published it again as new and I finally was able to show it on the frontend. However, my problem with the "start publishing" feature still remains. Please help!
I'm using Joomla 1.5.26 and K2 v2.5.4. my website is www.kids-miscellaneous.com.

I have also attached a screenshot of my joomla backend showing the article that is supposed to be published but isn't showing at all. I hope you can help me. :(

I have several articles waiting to be published until the 10th of september but it seems that they won't be published with this present problem. Please help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102244 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 Items and publish date problem
Hi. First of all you need to update K2 to it's latest stable version (2.5.7 currently). Secondly make sure that you have set correctly the Timezone settings under Joomla! configuration.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Janmeir Digon
  • Janmeir Digon's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102245 by Janmeir Digon
Replied by Janmeir Digon on topic Re: K2 Items and publish date problem
Thank you very much! I'll try it out and will let you know about the results. :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #102246 by Speedman
Replied by Speedman on topic Re: K2 Items and publish date problem
I am using V.2.5.7 but same problem :(

More
12 years 1 month ago #102247 by KornRow
Replied by KornRow on topic Re: K2 Items and publish date problem
When you import articles from Joomla's article system, it also imports the categories. Double check your categories and make sure you're not putting an article item into a duplicated category. I've made this mistake before.
And yes, Importing will also create a DUPLICATION even if there is already an existing category name.