Keyword

K2 and K2Mart - Which comes first?

• Loges2798
  • Loges2798's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102348 by Loges2798
K2 and K2Mart - Which comes first? was created by Loges2798
Hi there, as a newcomer to K2 I have a few questions regarding how to set up a store using K2 and K2Mart.
Currently we have two sites, one is our old site which is www.landersmusic.com whilst the other is a shopify site shop.landersmusic.com .
I want to merge them into one site using K2 and K2Mart.

The old site is built using Joomla 1.6.5 and no K2 at all.

I have designed a template using Artisteer for the new site and it's working well but has a few CSS issues which I can deal with.

The first question I have is should I go about entering items before I purchase K2Mart or buy it first and then enter?

Secondly should I even start on the categories and menus for the new site before getting K2mart?

So in essence can I build the new site and then easily add K2mart when I'm good and ready?

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102349 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 and K2Mart - Which comes first?
Hi. You need to install K2mart and then create the products. Otherwise you are just creating K2 items, not K2mart products. Regarding the second question, it's up to you. Even if you set up your categories first, you can later install K2mart and set the parent category as the catalog root category. Finally, since this forum is for K2, you are kindly to post K2mart related questions to the corresponding forum at forum.joomlaworks.net/k2mart/

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.