Keyword

Hide Joomla Article Manger and Show K2 Only?

• Alan Haynes
  • Alan Haynes's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102655 by Alan Haynes
SITUATION
Client needs access to backend to create and edit articles. Site will be created using K2 and Joomla 2.5.

PROBLEM
Client sees the K2 article interface AND the original Joomla article manager. I don't want him to create articles in the original article manager. I want him to use the K2 manager only.

QUESTION
Is it possible to prevent the client (or other users) from seeing the original article manager tab while still having access to full K2 functionality?

ATTEMPTED SOLUTION (DOESN'T WORK)
I imagine this would be something that can be done through ACL, but so far I've only been able to deny or allow access to both the original and K2 managers at the same time. In the Joomla Article Manager OPTIONS, I changed permissions for "Access Administration Interface" to DENIED. This turns off access to K2's article manager, too.

I'm brand new to K2 and fairly new to Joomla, so detailed answers are helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102656 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Hide Joomla Article Manger and Show K2 Only?
Not an answer to your question, but have you considered putting the client in a k2 user group that has front end rights to add items to the categories in question?

• Alan Haynes
More
12 years 1 month ago #102657 by Alan Haynes
Replied by Alan Haynes on topic Re: Hide Joomla Article Manger and Show K2 Only?
Are you saying that with K2, articles can be created from the FRONT end? That would be ideal - the less the client has to access the back end, the better. Can you point me to some documentation about K2's front end capabilities?

More
12 years 1 month ago #102658 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Hide Joomla Article Manger and Show K2 Only?
getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/item/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content
also, take time to watch the videos under documentation, they will give you many tips

More
12 years 1 month ago #102659 by Lefteris
Hi. You can also consider hiding the menu. It's a module that can be overriden.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Alan Haynes
More
12 years 1 month ago #102660 by Alan Haynes
Replied by Alan Haynes on topic Re: Hide Joomla Article Manger and Show K2 Only?
Hiding the Joomla menu would probably work. How do I do that? Is it possible to hide just the "Content" tab?

More
12 years 1 month ago #102661 by Lefteris
As i posted previously it's a module and you can override it. If you are not familiar with Joomla! modules MVC then you need to find some resources about it on the internet. For your case placing the /administrator/modules/mod_menu/tmpl/default_enabled.php under /administrator/templates/YOUR_ADMIN_TEMPLATE/html/mod_menu/default_enabled.php should do the trick. Of course you need to know a little of coding to modify the file.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)