Keyword

Re-install K2?

• Darko Petkovski
  • Darko Petkovski's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102780 by Darko Petkovski
Re-install K2? was created by Darko Petkovski
Hi guys, I have a question: Can the K2 component be reinstalled? I need to do this because I have some problems with the K2 like-the fancy-box image popup doesn't show, when I share a link from my K2 page on facebook, the thumbnail isn't the one that is supposed to be. I think re-installing the component should do the work and fix this problems. What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102781 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Re-install K2?
K2 does not install any sample data so installing over the existing k2 will be ok. FIRST - backup your site akeebabackup.com is my choice
also, if you have made modifications to the core of k2 without using proper overrides you will loose those changes

• Darko Petkovski
  • Darko Petkovski's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102782 by Darko Petkovski
Replied by Darko Petkovski on topic Re: Re-install K2?

William White wrote: K2 does not install any sample data so installing over the existing k2 will be ok. FIRST - backup your site akeebabackup.com is my choice
also, if you have made modifications to the core of k2 without using proper overrides you will loose those changes

Will I lose plugins and templates installed?

More
12 years 1 month ago #102783 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Re-install K2?
The plugins and modules that are are a part of k2 will be updated, others you have installed and templates will not be changed