Keyword

Item image overlays page

• Coptechs
  • Coptechs's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102868 by Coptechs
Item image overlays page was created by Coptechs
I am using K2 on Joomlashack's Impacto template w/ Joomla 2.5. When I view an item, the items image comes up overlaying the center of the page sort of as a modal window covering the content on the page. There is no X to close it and I can't seem to find any setting that controls this. I've used K2 before and never seen this issue.

Anyone ever seen this? Know what is going on?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #102869 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Hi. Probably your template makes use of a modal other than the Joomla! default. K2 uses the default Joomla! modal so all buttons are there... If your template uses a different kind of modal then the issue is in your template not K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Coptechs
More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #102870 by Coptechs
Replied by Coptechs on topic Re: Item image overlays page
But what is happening is that as soon as I click to open the item, the image is automatically opening in the modal window overlaying the page. I am not clicking on the image to make it larger in the item.

If I click on the overlayed image, it then opens in a modal window on top of that one with the close button available. If I close that modal windows, the image overlaying the page is still there.

Also, when the item opens with the image overlaying, the background is not greyed out as it does when the modal image with the close button opens.

I will try to post a screenshot if you think it would help. Unfortunately this is not a public site, it is on an internal network so I can't even get anyone access.

Added info: If I "Hide" the image in item view in the settings, this does not occur.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #102871 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Probably your template or some other extension is adding javascript code to your page causing this. Try to disable some extensions and see if issue remains.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #102872 by John
Replied by John on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Is it a modal window or just a very large image? What is your image's real dimensions? Maybe make a smaller version of your image?

• Coptechs
More
12 years 1 week ago #102873 by Coptechs
Replied by Coptechs on topic Re: Item image overlays page
It wasn't just the size of the image. I switched templates and the issue went away with the new template. The template was one of those new ones with responsive layout and I'm wondering if something in the template didn't play well with K2....

More
11 years 10 months ago #102874 by elisaf
Replied by elisaf on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Hello! It´s because of a conflict with twitter bootstrap theme. It uses also the .modal class. For solution you can edit the bootstrap stylesheet changing .modal to div.modal. Works perfect for me.

Cheers

Elisa B)

More
11 years 10 months ago #102875 by enano
Replied by enano on topic Re: Item image overlays page
i'm using bootstrap and i test your solution elisa but not work really well... when i click the image show the modal but the page lose your content and modal doesn't have close icon..how can i fix this ? thanks for help

More
11 years 9 months ago #102876 by Andreas Bochmann
Replied by Andreas Bochmann on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Thank you, Elisa,

that did the trick for us - for now.... we simply added .div before each ".modal" in the CSS file - and now it seems to work.

I am concerned that some other issues might come up now.... We'll see.... B)

And with the next update of the template I might have to do it again. Thus I am hoping for a better solution still. So far so good, however. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #102877 by Claudio Araya
Replied by Claudio Araya on topic Re: Item image overlays page
Hi there,

To avoid any problems with future updates, i included a code in my custom.css

.modal {

position: inherit;
}

And that did the trick for me. and even if i will update my bootstrap files, i can use my override. I think its always a good habit to use overrides instead of modifying the core files.
I hope this help.