Keyword

K2 Tools: Not shown on K2 Items

• Gavarni
  • Gavarni's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #102907 by Gavarni
K2 Tools: Not shown on K2 Items was created by Gavarni
Hi,

I been working on my website and i quite like k2 and joomla in combination with each other. I have however 2 problems which i dont know the solution for. My config is Joomla 2.6 with the lastest K2 version

I been trying to figure this out now for some time and i was not able to get it to work.

1) How can i show the title of K2 tools in the k2 tools module. When you create a k2 tools module you have on the left the option show title. i never see it on my modules.

2) How can i show the k2 Tools on only the k2 pages. Meaning on pages that are not only menu but also sub categories and items pages. I dont want K2 Tools on for example Kunena pages but only where the k2 category/item views are. The problem with joomla is that when you create an module. You only have module assignment on menu. But i want this on component lvl. I have seen some website do this. Where you see the k2 tools menu only on the k2 component but on other pages its not visible and they use more then just the top lvl menu but also sub categories(not k2 categories) and have no k2 tools on those

kind regards

Gavarni

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #102908 by Jake Knight
Replied by Jake Knight on topic Re: K2 Tools: Not shown on K2 Items
I'm not sure about your problem 1. It may be a template issue where it is set up to not show The module title on the final output. If you have it set to show the title, then it SHOULD show the title.

For your problem 2: you need to install the following extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/modules-management/10307

Trust me. You will thank me later. Install it on every site you have. One of the best.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.