Keyword

Pagination in Blog view.

• Nick Smith
  • Nick Smith's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #103003 by Nick Smith
Pagination in Blog view. was created by Nick Smith
Firstly, good morning/afternoon/evening, wherever you are, pick the right one!

I run a motorsport news website which covers a range of racing series. From Formula 1 to Britcar, a national series in the UK. While K2 is the almost perfect solution for me, there are some issues which I am struggling to resolve.

Mainly it is in the presentation of large amounts of content.

My site has been running for two years now, so with categories like F1 and British Touring Cars, I have an impressive number of articles. To give you an idea, I have been writing four articles a race meeting for the BTCC, with ten races a year for two years, Thats 80 articles before things like driver announcements, penalties and other. F1 is even worse, five articles, 20 ish races a year, someone please do the maths, my head hurts.

I have been forced to set a limit of 40 articles per page, otherwise it just is too big and takes too long to load, but that means that even on BTCC, I am no longer able to display the oldest 40 articles should users want to read them. I am also unable, at this late stage in the season, to display all the content from this year.

How can I get pagination to work on a blog layout which draws content from multiple categories?

I am running Joomla 2.5.6 with a modified Gavick template and K2 V2.5.7 on shared hosting with GoDaddy. I am not currently running any third party extensions to K2.

Thanks in advance for you help,

Nick.

Oh. P.s. the site is www.racing-report.com if you need to take a butchers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #103004 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Pagination in Blog view.
Hi. You need to check your settings regarding the "Leading", "Primary" and "Secondary" items. Pagination should appear automatically. If not check your template overrides and compare them with the ones coming with K2. Also you should enable the Joomla! cache to improve performance.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.