Keyword

Category set for 2 colums, but items appear in one

• Bill Rust
  • Bill Rust's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103231 by Bill Rust
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to get my K2 page to stack the items in 2 columns. I am using an extension that filters extra fields information for a results list. If you visit this page, you'll see there are 3 filters at the bottom - developmentwebserver.com/ljb/what-we-have-done/project-portfolio

Drop the first one to Facilities, then click the search button. When that refreshes, my items are all in one vertical column. I have all of the category settings set to display 2 columns though.

The look I am trying to achieve from that filter result is similar to a standard K2 menu item set to show a category in 2 columns like this - developmentwebserver.com/ljb/what-we-have-done/portfolio-2

Is it because I am using this extension that I cannot get it to make my results show in 2 columns?

Thanks for looking!
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103232 by Lefteris
Hi. The extension you are using, is making usage of K2 search functionality to fetch the items. Search results come in one column. You cannot change that with a setting. You need to make a template override, modify the HTML output and write some CSS code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.