Keyword

Need help with category layout

• Jim Thornton
  • Jim Thornton's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103233 by Jim Thornton
Need help with category layout was created by Jim Thornton
I'm sure this is common question but I have been searching for an answer for hours and can't find one. I can find lots of posts on the topic but each one is just a little different than I need. I am totally new to K2. I have used ZOO in the past and I really like that extension because of the "Apps" that they have setup. Each (template -- as K2 puts it I guess) is already setup and it is really easy and integrated into the yootheme templates. Anyway... I hate ZOO for the total lack of documentation and the fact that if you want to ask a question 7 months after you purchase it you have to re-buy it. ARGH!

Anyway, sorry for the ranting.

I'm trying to setup K2 to look like the ZOO - Movie Database app. I have attached a screenshot. Basically, when you go to the category view for K2, I would like a list of each sub-category with their items listed below. I was hoping to get it looking almost identical to the attached screenshot.

Can anyone help me do this please? I'm confused with the leading, primary and secondary settings in the category. I'm not really sure what that is for. Also, I can't figure out how to get the items listed under the category title. If I turn off the catalog mode then it just shows the whole list of items from all the categories and then a list of the categories. This is not what I want.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103234 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Need help with category layout
Hi. The most easy and fast way to achieve something similar is to make a menu link to K2 Latest view.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jim Thornton
  • Jim Thornton's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103235 by Jim Thornton
Replied by Jim Thornton on topic Re: Need help with category layout
If I did it that way, wouldn't the list change? I need it to stay the same all the time.