Keyword

Help creating a custom article list in K2

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103248 by Mike
First of all, I am loving K2. Still fairly new to using this software, so I am trying to learn as I go.

I have a question about creating a custom article list in K2. I would like to be able to create a list of articles similar to the "item listing - categories" view, but I would like to populate the list with specific articles. Is there an easy way to do that? or an inexpensive extension which would allow me to have the same functionality.

Let me quickly explain what I want, as there may be a much easier way to accomplish what I want. I have a site with various product categories containing active products. Now I also need a category which would contain "Legacy" products, but I would like their respective replacements shown next to the each legacy product. (ie a two column layout with legacy on the left and current product on the right.)

Is such a thing possible or would I need to code something like that myself?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103249 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: Help creating a custom article list in K2
Hi Mike,

You can make use of the tag function, have the same tags for your active products and legacy products, next in the item view options of your category set the Related items (by tag) to Yes and you also have the option to show the image, title and etc

K2 Rocks \m/

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103250 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Help creating a custom article list in K2
@Mike

You can also use the featured flag to display only the featured items.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)