Keyword

Do URLs change with K2 integration?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103309 by Abi
Hello,

I am using Joomla 2.5 and I have toyed with implementing K2 for quite a while now but it just seems like a completely different beast.

Anyhoo, I have decided that the time has come to take the plunge if I want to take my site to another level. So this is the thing, my site has been online since 2004 and for I rank well for some of my chosen terms in search engines. If I decide to convert my joomla articles to K2 items, how will this affect my URLs? Will the same structure be preserved? I'd rather not have to implement redirects if I can avoid it.

Any advice (for a complete novice to K2) appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103310 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Do URLs change with K2 integration?
Your URLs are going to change. This cannot be avoided. Also consider using a SEF extension like SH404SEF to have better results in your URLs.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103311 by Abi
Replied by Abi on topic Re: Do URLs change with K2 integration?
Thanks for getting back to me. Is there no way around this? I talked to some developers who said that the URLs would change "but after customization - we can have the same url and same structure of the site."

I don't really want anything too fancy (like redirects) which will affect our SEO. If this will happen then I'd rather maintain the status quo.

We are already using SH404SEF on the site, don't know if this makes a difference.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103312 by Abi
Replied by Abi on topic Re: Do URLs change with K2 integration?
Sorry to ask again but I'm curious as to my options. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103313 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Do URLs change with K2 integration?
K2 needs to change the URLs. This cannot be changed without using a SEF extension or modifying K2 code.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)