Keyword

How to template articles for user submission?

• Tommy Boy
  • Tommy Boy's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103322 by Tommy Boy
I would like to do two things: have specific article types display in a certain manner and let users submit the content for those articles. So far I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do those things.

Basically, let's say I wanted to do a movie review. The article would display a photo, name of the movie, my rating, and a description. I'd like to know how to format it so the review puts the photo on the left, info on the right, and description at the bottom. Certainly there's a template to modify somewhere, but where?

As for the user, I want them to click on "Submit a review" or something of the sort. Then they would type in all the info and it would take that info in order to fill in the template (hopefully this could also include an approval process).

K2 seems to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I just can't figure out what I'm doing. Is there a comprehensive instruction manual I'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103323 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to template articles for user submission?

K2 Rocks \m/

• Tommy Boy
  • Tommy Boy's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 23 hours ago #103324 by Tommy Boy
What file controls the layout of a K2 item?

For example, let's say I want the Author name to be on the right instead of left. What file in the subtemplate would I edit to accomplish this?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
11 years 11 months ago #103325 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: How to template articles for user submission?
Hi, for K2 item it is item.php

If you're just going to change the author name position to the right, you can do that with css

K2 Rocks \m/