Keyword

Hide "Moderate comments to my published items"

• Mary Stremmel
  • Mary Stremmel's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103337 by Mary Stremmel
Hide "Moderate comments to my published items" was created by Mary Stremmel
I have comments turned off completely and this shows up on the K2 user after login. How can this be turned off... I have searched this forum and tried everything that was suggested and it is still there.

Joomla 2.5.7
K2 version 2.5.7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #103338 by Lefteris

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 11 months ago #103339 by FlyingScot
There is nothing useful there. It seems to me that it is a really big problem. Who wants a stupid text block/link sitting in front of content as you are navigating a website. I couldn't even get K2 comments to work on my site totalhealthmagazine.com so I've installed JA Comments. But using the K2 Users login drives me crazy. I don't want people to add anything but comments. I don't want that really stupid "Moderate Comments to My Published Items" floating around the screen. Who's brilliant idea was that little piece of obnoxious code.

And what really bugs me is I see this problem on posts that go back a couple of years and nobody has come up with a solution. I'm getting more and more frustrated with K2. As soon as I can find an alternative I think I am switching which is really too bad because there is so much about K2 that I like.

More
11 years 9 months ago #103340 by Haider Tareen
Replied by Haider Tareen on topic Re: Hide "Moderate comments to my published items"
instead of using K2 login or K2 user Module you can just use Joomla original Module it will wont show those 3 links
for authors you can set K2 login module, Make sure you set view access level this will work good

and if you want to use that registered user can use change Profile Images Simple set the redirect option in Joomla login module to Profile menu
you u also put additional module as registered user can only , the user profile module besides with Joomla login module

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #103341 by Eric
my fix for this issue (there may be newer threads on this but this thread is the first link on google, and i couldn't first a proper good answer so i did it myself, and might be useful to others) this is for 2.6.6, but probably won't change much for future versions:

if you want the link to only appear when the user has permissions to create an article in the k2 front end (the "Add new item" link in the module):

open up "\modules\mod_k2_user\tmpl\userblock.php" in you text editor and look for the line (line 33 in the file for me):

i like to modify things, and make them do unintended things
Attachments: