Keyword

Installation Only Part Successful?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103689 by jacob
Installation Only Part Successful? was created by jacob
Hi,

I'm new to Joomla and running the latest version 2.5.7 with a Glenon commercial template from Themesoul.com, which came bundled with the K2 component and appeared to install at that time on Joomla version 2.5, but included some errors like the following:

· ‘Notice: K2 Content Elements for Joom!Fish were not copied to the related folder, because Joom!Fish was not found on your sytem.
· Installing component was successful’.

(I have read up about Joom!Fish being just a language pack, which I do not require, but also that they do not have a version which is actually compatible with Joomla 2.5x anyway?!)

Soon I was prompted to update Joomla through the integrated updater, which I did to 2.5.6 and later to 2.5.7. The problem I’m experiencing is that only certain components of K2 appear to be working, while some do not seem to exist at all, like the QuickIcons for example, while still most other K2 areas list the following warning:

‘Invalid argument supplied for foreach() …. (various Line#)’

The warnings all refer to different line numbers and prevent me from creating K2 data, like Items or Categories etc:

Also, although it confirmed K2 QuickIcons installed successfully, I cannot find them anywhere.

I've tried to reinstalling K2 several times, but the only progress I have made since the first installation is that now K2 does appear in my Components list, whereas it did not the first time around.

Help would be greatly appreciated as I’m losing my way with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103690 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Installation Only Part Successful?
Hi. If you have no data try to uninstall K2 and install it again. Note that uninstalling will remove your K2 data.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 10 months ago #103691 by Theron G. Burrough
Replied by Theron G. Burrough on topic Re: Installation Only Part Successful?

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. If you have no data try to uninstall K2 and install it again. Note that uninstalling will remove your K2 data.

Uninstalling and reinstalling K2 worked for me.