Keyword

Can't Remove social icons from item view

• Mustafa Guven
  • Mustafa Guven's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103701 by Mustafa Guven
Can't Remove social icons from item view was created by Mustafa Guven
Hi

I created a new category and i want to publish simple items under it so i removed all the data like author info, rating, votes, comments under the item view options of that category setting by changing their statur to "hide".

Bu social media icons like share it, digg it etc. which appears just under the item page won't remove no matter i change the setting hise and show.

how can i correct this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #103702 by Chris
Hey Mustafa,

Here are a few different scenarios you can consider looking into since I don't know how your website is put together.

If you go to your K2 Component Manager by going to

AdminCP -> Components -> K2

You will see a series of buttons on the top right hand side. Click on Parameters and it should open up a modal displaying a series of tabs. Click on the Social Tab and see if anything has been applied in the text area for Social Sharing.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Do you have any Social Sharing plugins? If so, try disabling it and see if that removes social sharing icons from your Item View. If it is not a plugin then my last question would be are you running the stock/default K2 template or have you had anyone work on it? reason I ask is because sometimes people will hard code Social Sharing directly into their item.php template.

Let me know if none of these are the case for you and hopefully something else will come to mind that I can share with you.

Good Luck!!!

Sorry one more detail I forgot to throw in there. Have you checked to see if your Category is inheriting params from another category? This is a common mix up for a lot of people since it tends to happen that the drop down is hit and selects another category. So no matter how many times you change your parameters up, unless you change the param from the inherited category it won't change. Try checking that out and see.

Here's how you can do it

AdminCP -> Components -> K2

Once at K2 go to Categories and select the category you're trying to adjust parameters for. Once you have gone into the category, look for the drop down at the top that says

Inherit parameter options from category

Depending on how you're setting up your K2 structure, that drop down should say

--None--

if the drop down states another category, you will have to go into that category and adjust social sharing params.

Hope this additional bit helps.

Again Good Luck!!!

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

• Mustafa Guven
  • Mustafa Guven's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103703 by Mustafa Guven
Replied by Mustafa Guven on topic Re: Can't Remove social icons from item view
Hi again,

First of all thank you so much for your detailed answer.

1- There is nothing written on social section of the parameteres window

2-I am not using any social media related plugins bu i am using YouVida Template of YouJoomla. Maybe it's like what you said "social media icons are hard coded in item.php"

but if this is the case i dont have much php knowledge, tell me what code i have to look for.

3-Item View settings of the category is not inherited from another category. actually that was the first thing i checked out.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #103704 by Chris
Hi Mustafa,

Would it be possible to send me a direct link to the page that has the social icons you're trying to remove? Just so I can see what it might be related to (plugin, hard coded/api) if you can send me a link i'll check it out and get back to you asap.

Thanks

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno