Keyword

K2 URLs broken

• Brad DiBaggio
  • Brad DiBaggio's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #103806 by Brad DiBaggio
K2 URLs broken was created by Brad DiBaggio
Hi.

My Joomla 1.5.23 site was working well until today. Suddenly there are a number of broken menu links. It seems to be an issue with K2 items. I'm getting 404 errors or blank pages.

Oddly, viewing the public site errors occur. But login through the front end and all problems disappear. The same URLs view fine. Seems like a permissions problem but all K2 cat's and articles are set to public.

When I unpublish the K2 article the page views again.

I have a temporary html page up so I can continue to test this. You can view it at:
(link removed)

We are promoting a big event in 3 days and need the site back quickly to capture new members.

Please help. I will pay for support if I have to. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brad DiBaggio
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #103807 by Brad DiBaggio
Replied by Brad DiBaggio on topic Re: K2 URLs broken
Wondering if I should reinstall K2 but since I can see everything working fine when I'm logged in the front end I don't think that that will help. The site was working because we got several new members through the site last night. This morning I began getting calls about the broken links. And I haven't touched the site in several days.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #103808 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: K2 URLs broken
Few quick questions for you,

• Do you have any custom error handling?
  • Do you have any permission based extensions installed?
  • What are you using for your paid subscriptions?

Depending on your setup, it could require a bit of trial and error to determine the exact cause of this. If you could set up a temporary account for me I can check it out. I will not touch any parameters on any part of the back-end of your website. (no pressure, just trying to offer some assistance)

If you can at least list off the extensions (Components, Plugins) you have installed so I can determine what is causing this.

Thanks

Chris

- - - - - - - - -

After re-reading your message it does sound like this is strictly a permissions issue. It looks like you have a few different account types on your website. Have you gone through each and every account type to see what works and what doesn't? When you access the site while being logged in you mentioned you can see everything fine, I'm assuming this is while logging in using your Super Administrator account?

I'm confident this is a permission related issue, let me know if you're ok with letting me take a look both front-end and back-end. Until I know for certain I cannot guarantee 100% that it is in fact permission related however this fits the perfect scenario based on all of my past experiences with other clients.

I would also suggest upgrading your joomla to 1.5.26 as there have been a lot of malware attacks on older Joomla websites, Joomla 1.5.26 is the recommended update.

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

• Brad DiBaggio
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago #103809 by Brad DiBaggio
Thanks for your response, Chris.

Nothing new has been installed in months. Except Qlue404 for custom error handling this morning as I thought I might need some redirects to fix things but this is not the issue.

I'm using AEC for membership. It has worked fine but needs an update. I hesitate since we are redeveloping a new site. I just need the site to carry us over another 1-2 months.

Installed:
roknewspager
front page slideshow
mailchimpsignup
K2
Jomsocial (just for extra fields in AEC registration)
Phocagallery
Phocamaps

That's it. Many are probably outdated but have worked with Joomla 1.5.23. You seem to have helped a number of others so I could set you up with a login.

Yes, using super administrator everything works as intended. I am updating to 1.5.26 now. Thought I was using the last of 1.5 updates but I guess not.

Thanks

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #103810 by Chris
Hi Brad,

I have sent you an email. If you are still in need of any assistance please feel free to reply back with the login details.

Based on wha you've shared with me, it sounds like the issue is possibly related to a conflict between a plugin and/or module that is loaded on the particular pages that are having the issues. Since you are not managing any form of permission based component/plugin, this would make the most amount of sense. Since you mentioned this issue came up really close to when you installed the 404 handler, we can look into that as well but I think I have a good plan of attack.

Are you running the latest K2 release for Joomla 1.5.xx?

Let me know how it goes and if you still need assistance. I will stick around here in this thread as well as check my email regularly for the next little bit.

Chris

• Brad DiBaggio
  • Visitor
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #103811 by Brad DiBaggio
I appreciate your help, Chris.

I didn't realize the site was so out of date. That fixed it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

More
12 years 1 week ago #103812 by Chris
You're most welcome Brad, i'm glad everything's working now and you're able to move forward with your site.