Keyword

Latest Items ordering

• Ewan Felter
  • Ewan Felter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 week ago #104009 by Ewan Felter
Latest Items ordering was created by Ewan Felter
Hello,

Currently, I am building a Joomla website and have decided to go with K2 for article management.
It is totally new to me, however I like its functionality.
Now I am facing a problem of with ordering of latest items.
I have assinged com_k2 to a menu item to display latest articles from all categories, which is also a home page. But when I add a new item to K2 it doesnt display it at the tp position, even though the ordering has been set up as Most recent (by publishing date). The website it [url=http://http://twowisemonkeys.com]twowisemonkeys.com[/url]

Is there a way to change it, so a component display new items at the beginning of the page, no matter how ordering of categories been set up?

Thanks for helping me out!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #104010 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: Latest Items ordering
Hi Ewan,

Check The Following
Please follow the steps included

Login into AdminCP -> Menu Manager -> select menu item that you're having issues with

on the right hand side, look for

Layout options for single category selection

Item ordering (There should be a drop down box)

If the drop down box is grey this means you can't change the setting. This is caused by having more than one category selected for that one particular menu item

If you are able to change it, change it so that newest items are displayed first.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If you're unable to change the display settings via Menu Manager, go to your categories that you're pulling and make sure that they are all set to display Newest Item First

Hopefully this helps, if you need further assistance please feel free to let me know :)

Good Luck!!!

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

• Ewan Felter
More
12 years 1 week ago #104011 by Ewan Felter
Replied by Ewan Felter on topic Re: Latest Items ordering
Hi Chris!

Thank you for the reply
Regarding your advise, I couldn't find "Layout options for single category selection" option in my menu parameters.
So I followed your second advise, but still I got the same result :(
My home menu type is labeled "Latest items from (one or more) users or categories", my content source seletected "Categories". Further down, I have added all the categories I have on my webiste.
As I understand, there is a problem with ordering of those categories. So, even if the article has been published under some category (so article is the most recent one), K2 will always display a latest article from that category, ranked 1st one in the menu.

So now I am looking for a way to override it.

More
12 years 1 week ago #104012 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Latest Items ordering
@Ewan Felter

The Latest items view displays items in the order you set up in the menu. If you want to display the latest item from all categories first, then you need to make a menu link to K2 Categories.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ewan Felter
More
12 years 1 week ago #104013 by Ewan Felter
Replied by Ewan Felter on topic Re: Latest Items ordering
@ Lefteris Kavadas

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.
Indeed it shows the articles as I want ( I have implemented it in Categories menu section)

However, when I checked, titles of the articles have H3 tag. From SEO perspective, Google will be having hard times to pick up my articles posted. What would be the best way to change it?

Best regards,
Ewan

More
12 years 1 week ago #104014 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Latest Items ordering
@Ewan Felter

Take a read at the documentation on this site to learn about K2 templating. Then you can make a template override and place whatever HTML tag you like there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)