Keyword

Remove required fields from comment feature

• Jeffrey Kane
  • Jeffrey Kane's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 days ago #104174 by Jeffrey Kane
Remove required fields from comment feature was created by Jeffrey Kane
This is a make it or break it issue for me as far as my use of K2. I have been unable to find any code modifications that will eliminate the requirements to enter name and email address on the comment feature. I found one on here that claimed to do it, but it had no effect whatsoever. I want to make the fields optional and eliminate URL entry, and eliminate the statement indicating the need to complete the required fields.

Another issue with the comment feature is that the Submit button just shows up as a blank rectangle. I'm using Joomla 1.5.26.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #104175 by Lefteris
Hi. Unfortunatelly this cannot be done. Required fields need to be submitted. You can just remove the URL field which is not mandatory.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jeffrey Kane
  • Jeffrey Kane's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 days ago #104176 by Jeffrey Kane
Replied by Jeffrey Kane on topic Re: Remove required fields from comment feature
Thanks for your reply. I was afraid of this -- seems amazing someone hasn't taken the time to hack the php code to permit this. Also seems incredible that the K2 developers would force this on all users. I don't want the requirement to divulge one's identity to deter people from responding to my blog posts. Oh well, I will move on in search of greener pastures.

More
12 years 4 days ago #104177 by Lefteris
Instead of criticising you could search the internet and find a comment extension that allows you to define the required fields and it is compatible with K2. I am pretty sure that you will find some. And regarding the hacking i am almost sure that someone has already done it in this forum. Did you search the forum?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)