Keyword

Problem with K2 Items and Categories

• InfiniteSolar
  • InfiniteSolar's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 days ago #104188 by InfiniteSolar
Problem with K2 Items and Categories was created by InfiniteSolar
I inherited a rather sloppily organized website that utilizes Joomla and K2. I currently am having problems with Items not showing up correctly in a menu. You can see the problem at the bottom of the page here:

www.solarschoolpa.com/courses.html

Two separate items listed as "prep courses" that display with two separate headers, instead of under one. This happens with any new category I try to make. The categories where it works (such as online and business to business) seem to function fine. I've tried matching settings and everything to no avail.

Aside from that... the order I put these categories in also seems to be ignored no matter what I do (moving prep courses to above hands-on workshops for instance).

I've gotten pretty used to doing what I need to do to this site... but everything I've tried thus far just plain won't work (even though it seems logically correct).

Can anyone help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 days ago #104189 by Blaines
Replied by Blaines on topic Re: Problem with K2 Items and Categories
Have you checked the title settings in the categories of K2?

More
12 years 4 days ago #104190 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Problem with K2 Items and Categories
@InfiniteSolar

This page is just a list of items displaying each item's category as a "section". This list cannot group items per categories. You may need to try to create a menu link to K2 Latest view. This is the only view in K2 that groups items in categories ( or users ). Regarding the ordering you need to check your settings. Check the menu and the category settings. There are some videos to help you get started with K2 at getk2.org/documentation/k2class2012

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• InfiniteSolar
  • InfiniteSolar's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 days ago #104191 by InfiniteSolar
Replied by InfiniteSolar on topic Re: Problem with K2 Items and Categories
@ Blaines

The title settings for the individual categories don't seem to effect anything . . . I've tried changing them and/or matching them to other categories and nothing . . .

@ Lefteris Kavadas

I'll start going through the tuts (have the beginning ones already). It seems it would be something to do with the menu, but when I try to change the menu settings it doesn't seem to change much. If you go to the homepage. www.solarschoolpa.com. and click on courses and prices... this menu is what links to the page I posted in the OG post.