Keyword

Set K2 to let registered users to vote ONLY ONCE

• Luis Múzquiz Zermeño
  • Luis Múzquiz Zermeño's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #104224 by Luis Múzquiz Zermeño
Set K2 to let registered users to vote ONLY ONCE was created by Luis Múzquiz Zermeño
Hello Fellas. COULD THE K2 PLUG-IN BE CONFIGURED SO THAT IT ONLY ALLOWS ONE ARTICLE VOTE PER REGISTERED USER? RIGHT NOW IF I VOTE THE VOTE IS REGISTERED, BUT IF I DISCONNECT FROM THE INTERNET AND THE CONNECT AGAIN, AND GO TO THE ARTICLE (AS A REGISTERED USER BECAUSE ARTICLES CAN ONLY BE READ BY REGISTERED USERS IN THE FIRST PLACE), THEN I CAN VOTE AGAIN ON THE SAME ARTICLE. AND THATS THE PROBLEM. I WANT PEOPLE (REGISTERED USERS) TO RATE ONLY ONCE, PER ARTICLE. COULD THIS BE DONE WITH K2?

I have several articles published on my joomla website using K2 Plug IN.

Some registered users are starting to vote on each article with the rating/voting tool K2 provides. (The yellow stars) But now I realized that if disconnected from the internet and then connected again using a different IP, and then register to the front end of my joomla web site (these articles are restricted to registered users) i could vote the same article again, thus distorting the vote.

So, i guess K2 article rating/voting "memory" is based on ip addresses instead of "username" and "password" info?

I want my voting system to recognize users who have voted certain artciles and not let them to vote/rate again those articles they have aready voted/rated.

Could this be possible with K2? Anyone?

Thanks in advanced

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.