Keyword

Nested level layouts in Tabs question.

• Nathaniel Hunter
  • Nathaniel Hunter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 days ago - 12 years 4 days ago #104227 by Nathaniel Hunter
Nested level layouts in Tabs question. was created by Nathaniel Hunter
Hi,
We are in the process of upgrading this site into joomla 2.5. It is a news site that we are planning on using K2 to manage the content. We are planning on using the Rockettheme "Ximenia" template and I thought the RokSprocket Tabs module could fit the bill for this functionality.

I realize that this is not a K2 "problem" per se but I am looking for a "tweak" or clever trick in K2 to duplicate this functionality. Please bear with me til the end. I am hoping there is a K2 Guru out there that can answer this perplexing problem.

I am trying to duplicate the tab structure in the "Today's News" section on the homepage . As you can see there are two tabs (Region/Location and Property Type), inside, these tabs are divided into sub categories (southeast, retail, etc.) and the title of the item is a link to the item. As it stands now each of these nested categories on the tabs are tables populated by a series of SQL statements(which you can see if you "inspect element"). I am hoping to do this with as little custom code as possible.

I have tried fiddling around with the settings in the Module but it displays the article titles as tabs not the category titles. Is there a way to display nested level categories with this module? If not, Do you know of another solution?

I have also thought about using the Mosaic or List layout in the Module to create a list that is sortable (not sure if this is feasible as there are some CSS hurdles as well as article/category structure problems.

As I see it there are three possible directions to find a solution. Manipulating the RokSprocket module to display what I need, or manipulating some features in K2, or both may be necessary.

A few possible solutions may be
    >changing the item/categories structures in K2
    >creating two separate pages that are identical except for the tab layout is different (which could make using RokSprocket superfluous.
    >manipulating the Tags in K2 as seen in this thread
www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=612&t=176616&rb_v=viewtopic , But there are some problems with layout here too.

One other thing to keep in mind is that there will be laymen creating articles on the front end so this is not a static display and will change daily.

Thank you in advance for your help. I am really scratching my head trying to duplicate this functionality.
Nate
P.S I have also posted this in the Rockettheme forum to attack this from that end, just trying to reach anyone that may have a solution. Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.