Keyword

K2 item save button not respondin,only cancle does

• Ubong Richmond
  • Ubong Richmond's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 days ago #104319 by Ubong Richmond
I am using k2 version 2.5.5 that came with Shaper Travel template in Joomla 2.5.6,
The k2 item save button does not save new and existing items, is only the cancle button that is working.
Please I will really appreciate your immediate help or response towards this.....thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104320 by Emmanuel Mahuni
Replied by Emmanuel Mahuni on topic Re: K2 item save button not respondin,only cancle does
:( I am (WAS) having the same problem with k2 2.6.1

When i first installed it, it didn't work, then i ignored it... :dry: did something saying i will work on the issue later. Later... maybe days even, (i didn't keep track)... voila :woohoo: it works. I then used it to create some categories, items etc... then all of the sudden yesterday (notice: i didn't install anything new, i was just editing my items and categories as usual, actually i was working on an item, changed its image - > saved, checked how it was appearing... ummm nice actually, let me change the text around it... edited text -> can't save :pinch: )... it doesn't work on saving again :S .

I then thought maybe something is happening in cache or something in php or mysql or the other... cleared joomla cache and rebooted machine to restart everything from php to mysql :angry: (since these are possible changes that could have occurred in-between last time)... still nothing :dry: .

Then i was writing the above whining also and just before writing this sentence i was testing again... and voila... :woohoo: it's working... I think it had something to do with the cache and then a wait... maybe some good 15minutes (do something else, i was writing this article after restarting and clearing the joomla cache, i never cleared the browser cache, it has nothing to do with that).

I don't know what's going on, i am not going to explore it right now, i have dealines. But that 's what's going on. I hope it doen't happen again.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104321 by Lefteris
Try to clean your browser's cache. Also check K2 jQuery handling settings. Finally check your page for any JavaScript errors.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #104322 by Emmanuel Mahuni
Replied by Emmanuel Mahuni on topic Re: K2 item save button not respondin,only cancle does
I found the issue, it is with jQuery ui and the main lib itself. I think the guy who posted just before this one found it the same way too.

K2 uses jQuery and jQuery UI. Check for any plugins that strip no conflict scripts and code. K2 makes a no conflict of itself so that it functions properly without issues from Mootools (the Joomla js lib used mostly by other extensions) and other js libs; it does this:

var $K2 = jQuery.noConflict();

It then uses that to do any jQuery work as in: $K2(selector).css(...); instead of $(selector).css(...); So make sure that is done by checking for js errors to see if the browser is not complaining about $K2 being undefined. also make sure plugins are not striping jquery and jquery ui lib etc. This also causes issues with K2 cause it depends on these libs. So you may get sometimes it works, sometimes it won't issue if all is not well... but still i have no idea why it worked sometimes :dry: