Keyword

Is this possible w k2? (video-business-directory)

• onezero
  • onezero's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 1 day ago - 12 years 1 day ago #104442 by onezero
Hello guys,

I'm looking for the right tools to use for a project of mine and stumbled upon k2.

It will be a business-directory where local companies can register themselves and post a "profile" about themselves. That profile should be created from fields entered by the companies, hard-coded design depending on their membership level. They should also be able to upload videos and photos which then are shown in a gallery on the respective profile.

Last but not least, the companies should be able to post news about themselves. (this could be done by allowing them to post articles right?)

--

I'm still new to joomla but its a requirement for this project. (so far I used pure html/css/php and/or Wordpress for all my sites) So I don't know all the extensions that are out there yet for joomla.. but for business-directory k2 was recommended on another forum. (or sobipro as alternative)

I'm currently unsure which of those two would fit my requirements better with less tweaking needed?

Would be cool if someone could tell me if K2 would be able to handle those requirements (a little editing needed is no problem). Same for sobipro if anyone knows that one too.. and which would be the better choice?

I'm also willing to spend some dime on commercial extensions/plugins for K2 or sobi, or whatever, if necessary.

Hope someone can enlighten me a bit.

Thanks for reading!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.