Keyword

link search result to menu item instead of K2 item

• Mark Huisman
  • Mark Huisman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #104696 by Mark Huisman
I am building a company website for an architecture office. I am using K2 to show multiple content items on a single page. Each project page consists of an image gallery, a main item, and an extra item with additional info on the project. All the project pages have its own (hidden) menu item.

When I use the default Joomla search engine, the search results show keywords in both the main items and the extra items. When I click on a result in the main item, the link takes me to the project page. When I click on a result in one of the extra items, the link takes me to a blank page. I think this is because the extra itens don't have a specific menu item en the main items do.

Is it possible to get the search result to link to the menu item of the project page instead of the extra item?

Do demonstrate my problem, see the link below. The first search result refers to the "extra item", the second to the project page...

www.svp-svp.nl/joomla256/index.php/component/search/?searchword=santhorst&ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=20

I would really appreciate your help!

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104697 by Lefteris
Hi. The only way i can think is to make a system plugin and query the database to see if it is an extra item. If so redirect to the project item.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Mark Huisman
  • Mark Huisman's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #104698 by Mark Huisman
Leftis, thanks for your reply! To be honest, this sounds like almost as abacadabra for me... :S Could you explain me how to do this...?

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Hi. The only way i can think is to make a system plugin and query the database to see if it is an extra item. If so redirect to the project item.