Keyword

Upgraded to K2 2.6

• michaelmaedoc
  • michaelmaedoc's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #104966 by michaelmaedoc
Upgraded to K2 2.6 was created by michaelmaedoc
:ohmy: I downloaded the latest K2 Zip file and installed it through my extension manager. Now, I have lost all my categories and items. K2 appears to work just fine but I have lost ALL my content.

I have Joomla 1.5.26, and am planning upgrade to 2.5 in the spring, but for now I tried loading K2 2.6 into my Joomla 1.5.26 version. Could that be the problem?

I am trying to get my site back up after being hacked and need to update my software.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michaelmaedoc
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #104967 by michaelmaedoc
Replied by michaelmaedoc on topic Re: Upgraded to K2 2.6 - What files from Backup to
I found the backup of the web site and downloaded it. What files do I need to pull from the backup to retrieve my content?

I have a backup of the database from before I updated K2 and Joomla 1.5.7 to Joomla 1.5.26. if I replace the database will that affect the update to Joomla 1.5.26? I assume it won't...

More
11 years 11 months ago #104968 by frost
Before you restore your site backup, have you tried just rolling back your k2 to the version that was previously installed when your site was working? I had the same issue with my site when I updated to a new version of k2, I had lost all my content. I just reinstalled the older version of k2 (without installing the newer version). Once I did that it corrected all my issues.

However, if that is not the case with yours and you do need to restore your site I suggest you post on the joomla forums as your questions would be more inline with that user base imo.

Just my two cents, I hope you get it working.

• michaelmaedoc
More
11 years 11 months ago #104969 by michaelmaedoc
Replied by michaelmaedoc on topic Re: Upgraded to K2 2.6
Thanks. Unfortunately, I do not have the zip for the older version that I updated from. I did try 2.4.1 but that did not work. I'll have to restore the old K2 files and database... I think.

Any suggestions anyone? I could restore the old site then update it all over again but there has to be a way to retrieve old content. I'd like to learn that method as I'll need it in the future.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104970 by frost
Replied by frost on topic Re: Upgraded to K2 2.6
You can download previous versions from this site.

• michaelmaedoc
More
11 years 11 months ago #104971 by michaelmaedoc
Thanks Frost for your help. However, I can't find any previous versions on the site. I've asked support if they have a link.

More
11 years 11 months ago #104972 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Upgraded to K2 2.6
try this link
getk2.org/downloads/

• michaelmaedoc
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #104973 by michaelmaedoc
Thanks. I tried V2.2. It did not restore the content. If I can find the 12-2009 version, which I believe is the one I had, then I'll try that one.

I'm probably going to have to revert to my last backup and rebuild the updates to my software.

• michaelmaedoc
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #104974 by michaelmaedoc
Found version 2.0 and it did not work. reverting back did not work.

I dug thru ftp files and found database backup. I replaced the database and retrieved all my content. Then I updated to v2.4, from there update to v2.6.0.