Keyword

K2 Images not resized properly when uploaded

• Goh Yew Hoe
  • Goh Yew Hoe's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #104975 by Goh Yew Hoe
I've upgraded to K2 2.6.1 and during my testing, I found that images that have been uploaded in K2 are not re-sized properly. Looking at the cache folder, I found that all the images XS,S,M,L,XL all have the same file size and same width of 480px regardless what I have specified under Image Option in K2 Parameters.

Anyone else have this same issue? I'm on Joomla 2.5.7.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #104976 by frost
I just ran into a similar issue myself, its not exactly the same but it might be related.

I had images that were in stored in the 'Items'. Even though I had changed the K2 params to use a different size of image for the x-large, and changed the size of the actual image the previous image size to the new x-large size I set it was not loading the correct image size.

I checked to be sure my caching wasn't turned on within the site and the K2 params which it wasn't. I cleared the cache, and purged it with no luck either. The only way I got the correct image sizes to load was to delete the image from within the item, save the item, then add the image back into the item and save it again.

Now the image sizes are correct. No idea why it's caching the image sizes incorrectly like that, nor why its caching anything at all since caching is turned off. I'm using 2.5.7

• Goh Yew Hoe
More
11 years 11 months ago #104977 by Goh Yew Hoe
Replied by Goh Yew Hoe on topic Re: K2 Images not resized properly when uploaded
Hmm I think your problem is that you changed the image size in K2 parameters after you uploaded an image. K2 will not automatically update the dimensions of old images unless it's recreated.

My problem is, even if I delete the cache, recreate the cache folder, all my XS,S,M,L & XL images are still stuck at 480px width even though in K2 parameters, it's listed as XS 100px, S 200px, M 300px, L 600px and XL 900px.

The interesting thing is, K2 does display the image as 900px or 600px according to what I had set in K2 parameters. But because the images are all 480px in width, it's basically upscaled.

Can anyone try with a new article then checking your cache folder to see if all your images are stuck at 480px in width too?

• Goh Yew Hoe
More
11 years 11 months ago #104978 by Goh Yew Hoe
Replied by Goh Yew Hoe on topic Re: K2 Images not resized properly when uploaded
Oooooo!! I found my problem =)

It seems that it's possible to overwrite the global image size defined in K2 parameter with the category's image settings. My problem was that the k2 category setting had 480px defined as the width for all sizes, thus the problem.

Now image resizing is working perfectly ^_^ Problem resolved, back to testing plugin compatibility with K2 2.6.1 hehe.