Keyword

JSON Error, Missing Quick Icons and Image Gallery

• Corrie
  • Corrie's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105011 by Corrie
Hi community!

These questions have been asked before - I've searched for hours and hours and I'm so frustrated. I love the idea of K2 and love what it says it should do but I'm not getting it to work and I don't know what step to take next.

I've installed, reset the entire setup with new installation of Joomla 2.5.7 and new installation of K2 2.6.1. I've repaired the database (it didn't need it but I thought I'd try it), I've cleared site cache, cleared browser cache, tried various browsers on different systems including Firefox and Safari on Mac OS X 10.8.2 and Internet Explorer on Windows7. Every suggested fix but nothing works.

The result:
1. JSON Error for Media Manager - I can't access any of the media through the K2 media manager
2. Purchased Image Gallery Pro won't work because I can't access the media manager
3. No control panel quick icons.

I am new to all of this and any ideas and help you can provide would be great!
Thank you.

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105012 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: JSON Error, Missing Quick Icons and Image Gallery
are you on a live site or localhost?

• Corrie
  • Corrie's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105013 by Corrie
Thanks William for reaching out. I'm on a live site. I've just added a screenshot of the system information. I hope that helps.

Thanks again!

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105014 by Rudolf Hubmann
Replied by Rudolf Hubmann on topic Re: JSON Error, Missing Quick Icons and Image Gallery
Hi,
after a lot of "blood, sweat and tears" my K2 quick icons showed up again after i disabled the "advanced module manger" (nonumber).
Now i'm really not sure wheter to disclaim the qick icons or the "advanced module manager" which is a real helpful extension.
regards hu

More
11 years 11 months ago #105015 by Lefteris
@Corrie

Try to set error reporting to none through Joomla! configuration if K2, or any other extension is generating an error it will break the JSON response and the media manager. Regarding the K2 Quickicons, it's just a module. Go to Administrator modules and ensure it is published.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)