Keyword

Can't Register

More
11 years 4 months ago #105174 by Cydonian
Replied by Cydonian on topic Re: Can't Register
I am using zootemplate News IV template, I installed its quickstart package and it came with joomla v2.5.6 so I updated it to joomla 2.5.11. It also came with K2 v2.x.x and I updated it to K2 v2.6.6.

K2 Parameters => Advanced => Enable K2 User Profile = Yes
Now, when a new user wants to register at my web site, user registeration form comes up and after user fills it up and clicks "register", user gets an error :

"404 component not found" error
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() index.php:42
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() includes/application.php:197
3 JError::raiseError() libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:337
4 JError::raise() libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

K2 Parameters => Advanced => Enable K2 User Profile = No
Now, when a new user wants to register at my web site, user registeration form comes up and after user fills it up and clicks "register" and there is no problem.

Can someone please help me?? :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #105175 by Cydonian
Replied by Cydonian on topic Re: Can't Register

Cydonian wrote: I am using zootemplate News IV template, I installed its quickstart package and it came with joomla v2.5.6 so I updated it to joomla 2.5.11. It also came with K2 v2.x.x and I updated it to K2 v2.6.6.

K2 Parameters => Advanced => Enable K2 User Profile = Yes
Now, when a new user wants to register at my web site, user registeration form comes up and after user fills it up and clicks "register", user gets an error :

"404 component not found" error
Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() index.php:42
2 JComponentHelper::renderComponent() includes/application.php:197
3 JError::raiseError() libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:337
4 JError::raise() libraries/joomla/error/error.php:251

K2 Parameters => Advanced => Enable K2 User Profile = No
Now, when a new user wants to register at my web site, user registeration form comes up and after user fills it up and clicks "register" and there is no problem.

Can someone please help me?? :dry:

I fixed it !!
I downloaded K2_v2.6.5_override_package.zip file from getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/77-k2-template-override-package-comparison then I uploaded its contents (except css folder!! because if you upload css folder contents to your web site, it may destroy your template's current look) to my web site's /templates/zt_newsiv/ folder and user registration began to work, but this time it began to give "wrong captcha code" error, this is because there are 2 captcha plugin work at the same time but you can see only one of them, so you need to disable one of them. I disabled joomla's captcha:
your site's admin panel => Users => User Manager => Options => Captcha = "None Selected
and enabled k2's captcha plugin:
your site's admin panel => Components => k2 => Parameters => Advanced => Anti-spam Settings => Enable reCaptcha on registration form = "YES"
Also make sure that "reCaptcha public key & private key" are the same in Extensions => Plug-in Manager => Captcha - ReCaptcha plugin
AND in your site's admin panel => Components => k2 => Parameters => Advanced => Anti-spam Settings !!

Good luck!!

More
10 years 10 months ago #105176 by viswa
Replied by viswa on topic Re: Can't Register
I have installed 2.6.7 k2 same 404 error is showing when a user registered into the site plz its urget give me some help

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #105177 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Can't Register
Could you try using the registration form with the default K2 template and check if you continue to have the 404 message?

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #105178 by viswa
i enabled the k2 login click the link create account then filled the form after submitting it is showing the error 404 component not found...

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #105179 by Yiota
What I meant by my previous message was that if you are using K2 overrides you need to disable them for now and even better use a default joomla template and check again.
We need to exclude that the issue has to do with your K2 or your template in order to locate the problem.

More
10 years 10 months ago #105180 by viswa
ok i will try if it works there i think the problem is with my template then is there any solution with out disabling that one which causes the effect?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #105181 by Yiota
You can make a comparison between the register.php files of the default K2 template in components/com_k2/templates/ and your template's override copy in templates/your_template/html/com_k2/

More
10 years 10 months ago #105182 by viswa
It is working fine in default joomla themes. I am using youjoomla's youedition theme and joomla 3.0 version it is showing component not found 404 error when the user click on the submit button in the user registration form of login module. here i am ataching the screen shot of the error with the template plz do reply me its very urgent.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #105183 by Yiota
Just try to remove the register.php file in your template overrides (templates/your_template/html/com_k2/) and check again.