Keyword

How to move position of simple image gallery pro?

• hamidjoomla
  • hamidjoomla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105226 by hamidjoomla
Hi guys, I really hope you can help me here with my site as I am a beginner on Joomla/K2.

I purchased the simple image gallery pro plugin, and on K2, created a new item and added a picture gallery. However, the picture gallery appears at the very bottom of the item page when I needed it to be the main focus of the item article, i.e. directly under the main body text and above the star rating and comments option.

Can someone please advise me how to do? I have downloaded Filezilla and can access the relevant php file if necessary? Easy instructions would be greatly appreciated...

Thank you in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105227 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to move position of simple image gallery pro?
First read this item getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/item/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

There are movies about creating overrides also in the ostraning videos under documentation

Once you get a new k2 template created
search for <!-- Item image gallery -->
which is the placement of the image gallery in the item view
Get the line above it starting with phpif all the way to the endif
cut it our of the file and move it to the position you want
Start by reading the item.php file and getting a feel for what its doing and in what order, then you can tell where to move it

• hamidjoomla
  • hamidjoomla's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105228 by hamidjoomla
Hi William,

thanks for the reply. I followed your instructions exactly as you advised but it did not make any difference to my live site?

I am using FileZilla, I accessed the item.php file and moved the section of text you mentioned to the area of my choice. Then I hit save and although the move I made is saved, it has not affected my live site whatsoever.

The path I used is: /httpdocs/components/com_k2/templates/default

I have no idea why the changes are not being processed... :S

Btw, I am using Joomla 2.5.7. via. Cloudaccess.

I installed the latest K2 which I downloaded yesterday.

And I am using a joomlashine template (free).

More
11 years 11 months ago #105229 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to move position of simple image gallery pro?
completely refresh your browzer
also look and see if you have a directory called
siteroot/templates/yourtemplate/htm/com_k2/templates/default with an item.php inside it

More
11 years 11 months ago #105230 by Jos Schouwenaar
Replied by Jos Schouwenaar on topic Re: How to move position of simple image gallery pro?
What you can do is upload the images for the gallery in images/'mapforyourimages' then you can put {gallery}'mapforyourimages{/gallery} ín the editorscreen of the item.
If you don't want the gallery to apear on the blogview, first put a readmore on the page.

example of this you can see here: www.kunstroute.net/2012/index.php/overige/item/82-diverse.html
this way is also explained at the edit sigpro plugin screen in the backend.

More
10 years 8 months ago #105231 by Kalista Imaging
Replied by Kalista Imaging on topic Re: How to move position of simple image gallery pro?
IT IS ACTUALLY QUITE EASY.

What you will do is, go into your Joomla installation,
YOURSITE/components/com_k2/templates/default

Find and copy to your desktop, : "item.php"

Open in note pad, scroll to the bottom, scan up, looking for:

</div>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemImageGallery') && !empty($this->item->gallery)): ?>
<!-- Item image gallery -->
<a name="itemImageGalleryAnchor" id="itemImageGalleryAnchor"></a>
<div class="itemImageGallery">
<h3><?php echo JText::_('K2_IMAGE_GALLERY'); ?></h3>
<?php echo $this->item->gallery; ?>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Paste this where you want it, and delete it from the bottom. Save a copy of the original item.php in another folder for saftey sake, now replace the file on your server again in: YOURSITE/components/com_k2/templates/default

Refresh you k2 page and you should see your gallery to the top. kalistaimaging.com, see all my active articles for reference.

You can also do the same exact thing with the video code, which happens to be right above the gallery code section in the item.php file. Copy, delete, paste where you want it.

B)

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #105232 by Yiota
It is highly recommended to use K2 template overrides instead of modifying the component files themselves. Just copy the components/com_k2/templates/ folder in templates/your_template/html/com_k2 folder.

Then you are free to make any changes you like without the fear of losing them when an update of K2 is made.

More
9 years 9 months ago #135273 by geggo

Kalista Imaging wrote: IT IS ACTUALLY QUITE EASY.

What you will do is, go into your Joomla installation,
YOURSITE/components/com_k2/templates/default

Find and copy to your desktop, : "item.php"

Open in note pad, scroll to the bottom, scan up, looking for:

</div>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemImageGallery') && !empty($this->item->gallery)): ?>
<!-- Item image gallery -->
<a name="itemImageGalleryAnchor" id="itemImageGalleryAnchor"></a>
<div class="itemImageGallery">
<h3><?php echo JText::_('K2_IMAGE_GALLERY'); ?></h3>
<?php echo $this->item->gallery; ?>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Paste this where you want it, and delete it from the bottom. Save a copy of the original item.php in another folder for saftey sake, now replace the file on your server again in: YOURSITE/components/com_k2/templates/default

Refresh you k2 page and you should see your gallery to the top. kalistaimaging.com, see all my active articles for reference.

You can also do the same exact thing with the video code, which happens to be right above the gallery code section in the item.php file. Copy, delete, paste where you want it.

B)

Hi, sorry for my english. I found just this topi about my problem.
I have same question and i followed you suggest.
I have an override template and I modified item.php like u explain but it's not work. i tried to delete rows u said but galleries continue to show in last position.
I saw K2 use SIG pro (with botton under text editor) and a tab with "Galleries". Are the same thing? Because if I add a gallerie from TAB it shows also in category view (but not in article also if it's activated) and there's not the tag {gallery}product{/gallery} in text editor.
I thought item.php modify THAT gallery and it should be correct for your modification.
This can explain why gallery not shown if I delete rows in item.php. It seem gallery it's showned ONLY with {gallery}prodotti/SVD/SVD-gallery{/gallery} code in text.
QUESTION:
1- I don't understand difference between TAB gallery and SIG Pro gallery.
2- ITEM.PHP modify only TAB gallery or it's the same for SIG Pro? In case, what other file should I modify?

I hope you understand.
Thanx

More
9 years 9 months ago #135315 by Lefteris
@geggo

Galleries inserted with the editor button are placed inside the item text. Gallery inserted using the "Image Gallery" tab have a special position outside the text.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)