Keyword

Category item layout

More
11 years 11 months ago #105285 by kelly
Category item layout was created by kelly
I recently had someone work on my site and I can't figure out why this happens

when I try and delete a menu item I notice that one all of my k2 categories loose their template and it goes to a default template which I'm using for other pages throughout my site, Is there a way in my k2 category under Category item layout to add more templates to work with? I don't understand what this guy did and now I'm stuck with out being able to remove a menu item without messing every thing up, PLEASE any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Kelly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105286 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category item layout
What is the type of menu
If it is a k2 item or category, you should be able to look at the category in question and see which template is at work.

If it is a latest item k2 menu type, the override is different and is selected in the menu and not the category paramaters

More
11 years 11 months ago #105287 by kelly
Replied by kelly on topic Re: Category item layout
Hello,

Thank you for your response, the template is currently selected by the menu item, If I create a new menu item and point it to a k2 category I can select the template, but if I delete the menu item and try to use a link to the k2 category then I I loose the template, is there some way around this so I can use a link in an article and retain the same template? Thanks again for taking time to answer my post I really appreciate your time

Kelly

More
11 years 11 months ago #105288 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category item layout
Try creating a menu link to the category in question, get it displaying correctly, then get the link from the browzer, put in into the item you want, and unpublish the menu choice you used to get the link.