Keyword

K2 won't allow PNG images as item image

• Craig Elliss
  • Craig Elliss's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105289 by Craig Elliss
K2 won't allow PNG images as item image was created by Craig Elliss
Hi there, I have a form on my site (Joomla 2.5.1, K2 2.5.6) that enables a front end user to input their name, email, and some text data as well as upload an image file, and then it creates an unpublished K2 item within a certain category from that data. I have noticed that if the front end user uploads a png image (or even if I just try adding a png as a K2 item image), it won't attach to the K2 item. When I save changes on the item it says item saved, but there is no image in the K2 item image tab in the WYSIWYG in the backend.

Is there a way to make K2 recognise PNGs or successfully convert uploaded PNG, GIF and BMP files to jpg?

I'm pretty desperate for an answer so would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105290 by Eduardo
Replied by Eduardo on topic Re: K2 won't allow PNG images as item image
Mine always converts .pngs to .jpgs

• Craig Elliss
  • Craig Elliss's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #105291 by Craig Elliss
Replied by Craig Elliss on topic Re: K2 won't allow PNG images as item image
Hi, thanks for the response. I know that is what is supposed to happen, but in this case it isn't working. Are there any settings I need to change in any config files or anything to get it to work? Is it likely to be a server issue? If so does anyone know what sort? I'm assuming I'm not the only person this has ever happened to...

More
11 years 11 months ago #105292 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: K2 won't allow PNG images as item image
@Craig

K2 will convert all images to JPEG format. If this doesn't work for you ensure that your server meets the system requirements listed in information page of K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #105293 by andrea merganti
Replied by andrea merganti on topic Re: K2 won't allow PNG images as item image
I did this : create a category that does't show the photo ( configured ONLY in the Article menu layout) and connected my page in wich I wish the Pic in in png ,then I've uploaded like normal image as PNG thru the normal editor. So in the k2 Content module you can still see the image of the page , but when you are clicking on to go to the page it's showing your Png instead . No hack and good result. :)