Keyword

Category item listing - Strange layout/pagination

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #105315 by Marc
Hi there,

I used the menu type "Latest items from (one or more) users or categories" to list all news items on the homepage, restricted to 25 items. No there is a change request to have access to all news items.
Since there seems to be no pagination support for latestItems, I tried to use the "Item listing -> Category" menu type.
However, I now have 2 problems

1. For some reason, there is a strange vertical space between the first and the second entry. See

Attachment not found

Why is this, how can I get rid of this?
There is even a massive vertical space between the article image and the article text in each item! Why?!
See

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

2. Furthermore, the pagination is displayed as a vertical list which seems to get longer and longer the more pages there are. See

Attachment not found

What I need is sth. like a limited list of page numbers in a horizontal style. How can I achieve this?

Would be really great if you guys could help me out here, this drives me crazy.

Thanks in advance!
beyondHorz1on
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105316 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category item listing - Strange layout/pagination
please post a link to the page if it is live

More
11 years 11 months ago #105317 by Marc
The link is www.gartenbau-rlp.de

The homepage still uses the lastItem listing, not the category listing since I cannot change to the crappy layout while the page is live.

But maybe this helps you as well.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105318 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Category item listing - Strange layout/pagination
The reason i asked for a link was to use firebug on the offending page.
This looks like a template or css issue, and you have to play around with it to get it working.

More
11 years 11 months ago #105319 by JP
Hi,

I had a similar problem. I inserted the following line of code into the template css and it worked a treat.

#k2Container div.k2Pagination ul li {float:left; width: auto; padding-right: 5px;padding-left: 5px;}

Check in IE because i had a few issues here that needed to be tidied up.

Good Luck

JP

More
11 years 11 months ago #105320 by Marc
Concerning the layout, I still can't figure out how to avoid these strange big vertical blank spaces. I didn't change anything in the css or template, took is as it was delivered upfront.

I don't know what to change in the css or template, please could you provide me with a more helpful advice??

More
11 years 11 months ago #105321 by Marc
@JP: thanks for the pagination advice! :)